Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
23rd July, 2021
All Insurance Companies and Third Party Administrators
Sub: Standards and Benchmarks for the Hospitals in the provider Network
1. Reference is invited to IRDAI Circular ref: IRDAI/HLT/REG/CIR/199/07/2020 dated 24th July, 2020 on the captioned subject.
2. In partial modification of the captioned guidelines, taking into consideration the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic, the timelines for complying with the standards and benchmarks specified at clause (a)(i) and (ii) of Chapter IV of the Guidelines on Standardisation in Health Insurance under Section I of Master circular ref. IRDAI/HLT/REG/CIR/ 193/07/2020 dated 22nd July,2020 (hereinafter referred as Chapter IV ) stands extended for a further period of one year for all the existing network providers as on the date.
3. The norms specified at Clause a(iii) of Chapter IV shall continue to be applicable for all the new entrants.
4. There is no change in other norms specified therein.
5. This Circular is issued in terms of Regulation 31(e) of the IRDAI (Health Insurance) Regulations 2016.
6. This has the approval of the competent authority.
GENERAL MANAGER (HEALTH)