Youth - Is It All About Bikes, Beer and Drugs

CS LLB Pulkit Gupta (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-and-Promises/553962034682487)   (16631 Points)

10 January 2011  

YOUTH - IS IT ALL ABOUT BIKES, BEER AND DRUGS??

"..I won't give you a sip even if you give me a thousand bucks!"

– JESSICA LAL to MANU SHARMA, before she was shot at

DEFINITION OF YOUTH

This world demands the qualities of youth: not a time of life but a state of mind, a temper of the will, a quality of imagination, a predominance of courage over timidity, of the appetite for adventure over the life of ease." - Robert Kennedy

This article will not be helpful to you in CA nor it will provide you the entertainment (read it as humor) . U know Y??

Because I am not talking about your PCC/Final course or gonna give u lectures on writing or presentation skills or  will not teach you how to make Notes. It is about something very serious and I request all the non-serious candidates to please close your window and I apologize for wasting your time...

Now you gonna ask me that why I am posting such a topic on this platform ?? Well most of its members are in their 20's which describes the youth of India and my Article is a must read for them....

Besides being a C.A. student , I am also an Engineering drop-out (by choice) and I have seen the youth there crazy for Bikes, Drinks and SMOKING. This thing exists not only there but in every college like M.B.A. or even C.A. Hostels.....

The main reason for that is Macho or Tashan. They think that if they are smoking or performing stunts then this will seperate them from boys. Ladkiyon pe tashan marna hai  varna vo bhao nahi dengi.....BULLSH*T !!

Sorry for the language but they have deviated from the main purpose and qualities of youth. Youth is the future face of World. According to me Youth means never dying spirit , youth means new ideas (e.g. Amit Trivedi or our own Ankur Bhaiya ) , youth means person who works without being tired.

"...Youth voice is crucial to the overall effectiveness of our country. Youth voice has a tremendous impact on our system.The young, free to act on their initiative, can lead their elders in the direction of the unknown... The children, the young, must ask the questions that we would never think to ask...."

You wanna know that what our youth is doing?? Refer the below mentioned points

(A) DRINKING  

29TH APRIL 1999 - A Girl, A Daughter and A Sister named Jessica was shot dead just becoz she refused to give drink to a person who was already very drunk. Just tell me one thing that "Is the life of a person is small even in comparison to a drink"?? . This incident completely destroyed her family as her mother expired due to lower court verdict against them and her sister Sabrina spent her 8 years to fight for the justice for her sister....

I request each and every person here not to drink Alcohol. I know nobody is perfect and I myself has tried it in my college life but then I quited it after seing it's dreadful results. 

"We first start it in fashion and finally it becomes our passion." - My thought

Unfortunately, the person doing the drinking is not the only one who feels the impact of this abuse. It has a profound and direct impact on their families as well as their friends and acquaintances. Difficulty walking, blurred vision, slurred speech, slowed reaction times, impaired memory: Clearly, alcohol affects the brain. 

"Nobody is saint and I know that but drinking  brings devil out of them."- My Thought

You yourself don't know what you are doing after drinking as ur mind is not in ur control . Yaar Nightclubs mein dance karte hue pack lagana doesn't mean that you belongs to High-class. Aadmi ko uncha banna hai to apne thoughts se bano na ki in cheezo se... 

(B) Bike & Cars i.e. Need For Speed  

Roadies , Stunt Mania , Fast and Furious,Tron, Torque and Dhoom has increased the craze of high cc (i.e. high speed)  bikes and cars among youths. There is nothing wrong in it till it is done within a limit. But today's youth not only over speeds but also try stunts which can be dangerous to them and to others too. Just remember the BMW Hit and Run case in which 6 people were died.  

Par hume kya ...pitaji pe bahut paisa hai isliye ek gaadi li , uspe ek high watt music system, saath mein gf aur uske upar beer aur pee li --- A deadly combination. Yaar khud marna hai maro par dusre ko kyon marte ho!!

Last year a couple lost their single child as a result of car race between 2 cars.  A young guy lost his life as he was trying some stunts from a Hollywood flick...

Pls yaar for a moment think about your family and the victim's family too. Be a responsible citizen and a responsible son.

(C) Drugs and Smoking

Last but not the least Drug Abuse. Yes College students + Farm House + Rave Parties + Smoking + Drugs = Today's Youth

2nd Aug 2010 - It was meant to be the ‘Friendship Day’ and 350 students from Pune’s various colleges had gathered at a farmhouse to commemorate the day on Sunday. The celebration was over beer and wine, which flowed with passing hours. Although it was not a rave party as no drugs were consumed but then also what message they are giving to our society and youngsters.

Many rave parties have also been raided in past by police where young people were caught consuming drugs but again same question "Why"?

In the beginning you start these things for fun but in long-term they can prove to be fatal. 

This was my attempt to keep our CCI youth away from such things. I am really thankful to Khushboo Agarwal who was the source of this Article. In the end I want to dedicate this Article to Jessica and her sister Sabrina... 

I request you to pls comment on this Article and give you suggestions to our youth... 

May her Soul Rest in peace. With this I am signing off...

Pulkit Gupta

pulkit_1988 @ rediffmail.com