Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Why to do CA??????

Hi friends, I had started CA in 2006 and today I have almost completed it. Only my 2nd Group result is awaited and I am also sure that it will be positive, yet today a question come is my mind. Perhaps you will seem this question stupid, yet I thought to put it before members of CCI. My question is simple: "Why should we do CA?" This question came to my mind dues to following reasons:

A person can earn equal to CA or even more than a CA simply by doing 2 year MBA from any well known university or institute and he will also be called well educated person in the society.

A person can be CA by passing tough exams and passing through the course of 4 years. He becomes mentally dead when members of ICAI exercises brutal mental torture on him during 3.5 years of articleship. A student sells his 3.5 years and he also does all the personal works of his employer and becomes a pure servant like a donkey. Then also there is no guerantee that every person who starts CA complete it as you know the results percentage is about 15%.

Then why to do all these? I am feeling that I have not planned my career well and got attracted by just 2 charactes in life "CA".  I am feeling that we give blood, sweat, tears and money to CA Course, but this course is not giving us what we should get for this price.

16 Replies

Alok Sethi

Alok Sethi (Chartered Accountant)     11 June 2011

Why are u asking this que??

u are abt to bcm a CA??

CA ADITYA SHARMA

CA ADITYA SHARMA (CA IN PRACTICE )     11 June 2011

NOT ONLY FOR MONEY BUT FOR THE STATUS OF THE COURCE
M. N. JHA

M. N. JHA (CA)     11 June 2011

CA CAN DO MBA WORK BUT MBA CAN'T DO CA WORKS. . . . . . . . CA HAS LAGAL POWER BUT NOT MBA. . . . . MBA EARNING RESTRICTED TO PACKAGE BUT CA INCOME IS NOT RESTRICATED. . . . SABSE BADI BAT CA ARTICLESHIP KE BAAD DUNIYA KA SABHI GHAM ME KHUSHI MAHSUS HOTI HAI. . . . . .
2 Like
Ritesh Indian Son[CMA*CS*CA]

Ritesh Indian Son[CMA*CS*CA] (" Simple Living High Thinking ")     11 June 2011

CA can open thier own firm After some years..........

Siddharth

Siddharth (Get Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) in 30 minutes! Click on send PM!)     11 June 2011

Originally posted by : Mr. JHA
CA CAN DO MBA WORK BUT MBA CAN'T DO CA WORKS. . . . . . . . CA HAS LAGAL POWER BUT NOT MBA. . . . . MBA EARNING RESTRICTED TO PACKAGE BUT CA INCOME IS NOT RESTRICATED. . . . SABSE BADI BAT CA ARTICLESHIP KE BAAD DUNIYA KA SABHI GHAM ME KHUSHI MAHSUS HOTI HAI. . . . . .

Who says earning is restricted to package? There are additional perks by way of commission, etc.

And is the income of each and every CA unlimited/ unrestricted?

MBAs can start their business/ firm too, of course dealing in other products/ services, so can anybody..

If MBAs don't create business, CAs don't exist... ;)

CA Devender Chauhan

CA Devender Chauhan (Group Financial Accountant)     11 June 2011

Originally posted by : SiDD_

Originally posted by : Mr. JHA

Who says earning is restricted to package? There are additional perks by way of commission, etc.

And is the income of each and every CA unlimited/ unrestricted?

MBAs can start their business/ firm too, of course dealing in other products/ services, so can anybody..

If MBAs don't create business, CAs don't exist... ;)

I don't agree with u sidd.

ya it is right that mba can do business and his income is also not restricted to his package..
but  "If MBAs don't create business, CAs don't exist... ;)" I don't agree with that...because...
a) all the businesses are not started by MBA's
b) there are many ca's in the society who have started & running their businesses very well..

Though I know that our institute works more in favour of its members in coparison to its students.... but remember that one day you will alwso become the member. Then you should try the resolve the drawbacks that are existed today....

Siddharth

Siddharth (Get Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) in 30 minutes! Click on send PM!)     11 June 2011

Originally posted by : DS Chauhan
  I don't agree with u sidd.

ya it is right that mba can do business and his income is also not restricted to his package..
but  "If MBAs don't create business, CAs don't exist... ;)" I don't agree with that...because...
a) all the businesses are not started by MBA's
b) there are many ca's in the society who have started & running their businesses very well..

Though I know that our institute works more in favour of its members in coparison to its students.... but remember that one day you will alwso become the member. Then you should try the resolve the drawbacks that are existed today....

Ahh.. Actually I mean, CAs exist due to businesses created by others, like MBAs.. Now there are even 10 pass (or even lesser educated) people running businesses successfully.

BTW, you understand why I like to criticise ICAI and CAs.. ;)

M. N. JHA

M. N. JHA (CA)     11 June 2011

Dear sidd. . . . . . . . . . . . MBA PACKAGE IS RESTRICTED IN COMPARISION TO CA means MBA cannot open a firm like a CA,MBA HAS NO POWER OF AUDIT AND SIGN AND OTHER LEGAL METTER. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . BUT AS U SAY MBA ALSO GETS PERK,COMMISSION ETC. AND OWN BUSINESS. . . CAN U DONT THINK CA ALSO GETS PERK,COMMISSION ETC. AND OWN BUSINESS ???. . . . . . . . . . I NOT UNDERESTIMATE MBA JUST WANT TO TO SHOW AN ADVANTAGE TO CA MORE THEN MBA. . . . . . . . . . .
Manish

Manish (-)     11 June 2011

Posting article like this will definitely discourage the moral grounds of aspirants. specially the ones who will be giving CPT's in near future !!

Seniors need to take care a bit.

Dheeraj

Dheeraj (Learner)     11 June 2011

the main proff. of CA is not job, its practice

and one can also start his/her own business too side by side...

and there is a lot of diff b/w a CA and MBA...

you will feel it in a confrence....

MBAs got degree with low knowledge..

but CAs earn degree...

CA KETAN INANI

CA KETAN INANI (sharp & tannan(article trainee) Always Ready to help)     11 June 2011

there is lot of difference between CA and MBA.

there is only one board for CA i.e ICAI . ICAI maintain according to demand.

But in MBA there are lot of universities. so there is no control on result.

AS per recent survey, there are lot of MBA's who doesn't get job ( except top B )

there is no comparision between CA and MBA. CA is far far better than MBA ( please not I am not talking about top B school).

Prachi

Prachi (Fresher )     14 June 2011

It’s a widely accepted fact that CAs are better than MBAs. Yet, a knowledgeable MBA is any day better than an aloof CA.

It’s not a matter of which course is better, or whether CA is a worthwhile course or not, but rather a matter of personal goals in life.

So if you wanted to have a career in finance, just wanted to earn a handsome salary, had it in you to crack a Top B School MBA and frankly not a CA Curriculum fanatic, and most importantly, didn't give head to the way you take to reach the top........ I think doing an MBA would have gotten you the same satisfaction as CA would, with much more time for yourself.

But then again, if you yearn to learn what a CA is taught, live the environment and company they live in and frankly, as someone said above, want to earn your way through the top.........  Well CA's the thing for you.

Life is limited, and earning few more lacks of rupees by doing a better course won’t make us immortal.

raghu

raghu (student)     14 June 2011

Originally posted by : future ca
NOT ONLY FOR MONEY BUT FOR THE STATUS OF THE COURCE
CA Divyesh Rupani

CA Divyesh Rupani (CA in Practice)     30 November 2011

I fully agree......... and today I have the same situation as u have..... and asking the same question to myself

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register