what is medical reimbursement

I'm working for a private firm. Our company pays Rs. 15000 as medical reimbursement. I have to submit the bills and reimburse the amount. I want to know what is the definition for medical reimbursement. What are the bills can be submitted for medical reimbursement? For example, is it possible to reimburse my bills for the purchase of health drinks like Horlicks or Complan from a medical store? Even medical stores are selling beauty products, they also come under medical reimbursement. Dear Auditors, Please clarify.

Replies (7)
Health drinks and beauty products are not eligible to reimburse. Only medicine and hospital bills which which is incurred fro self, dependent parents, spouse and childrens only eligible.
Medicine and doctor bills for any curement eligible
Besides above, it depends on your company policies too....whether they allow or disallow certain expenditure....if they may be allowing horlicks etc. as part of medicine...then you can claim it also,...what i would suggest it raise a query from your HR dept....they should tell you what exactly can you claim...hope it helps...
Bills related to medicines& Consultation ,Fee of doctors.
Dear Auditors,
I dont know why can't you accept the bills of Horlicks and Complan. You know there are many prescribed health drinks, tooth pastes and soaps in the market. Will you accept these bills? This is my personal concern. Please advice.
With advance thanks
Kannan
Sir, Law is enacted by parliament one has to follow it.
Mr. Shekhar Thanks for your reply. That is what I asked in this forum, what the medical reimbursement law says? Why I had posted this is, my company is not accepting this bills, but my friends company accepts. How it is? If I know the exact law I can discuss with our HR person.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details