We MUST vote in Elections

Sandeep Keswani (Tax Consultant) (1064 Points)

15 April 2009  

Unfortunately, many of us educated people still do not understand the importance of VOTING RIGHT in elections. Here are my views on this. I emphasise that these are purely my personal views and anybody may differ.

We the people of the biggest Democracy are supposed to be supreme. Its we who are supposed to elect politicians to power using our VOTING RIGHT.

But unfortunately the average overall voter turnout is just about 50% as per the trends.  And whats even worse is voting turnout is lesser amoung educated people. Most of us have common arguments - why to vote when all are corrupt..........what difference can my one single vote make............even if I vote, whats going to change.........etc etc. 

Well if u do not vote, then u do not participate in the democratic process of electing the persons who will run the country for u, who will govern u, who will form policies and laws that will be binding on u. If u do not vote, you have no right to complain about the corruption in govt offices, about the bad roads of your city, about the lack of development, about pollution, about poverty, about inflation & economic development and about anything........BECAUSE U HAVE NOT OPPOSED TO ALL THIS BY NOT CASTING UR VOTE AGAINST THIS. It is not possible to figure out someone who is clean and clear to whom we can vote, BUT we can atleast use our judgement and decide as to who is more likely to work for our betterment.

This is a big big Right that has been bestowed on us. Lets not waste it any more. Understand the difference between Democracy and Dictatorship. What if we do not have VOTING RIGHT and a dictatorship is thrust upon us. Will that be fine ?? Of course not. Just imagine what if do not even have a right to exchange our views as we are doing right here right now. 

Common friends...........make sure u vote this time, and vote for the betterment. We are lucky that we have this right, we are liberal to choose our government, we are Democratic after all. Let us value our Democracy.........Nothing in this world is clean today, why just figure out politics and waste our VOTING POWER.