How people write leave Applications. It’s murder of English language. But Too Funny.
The Leave Applications
1) Infosys, Bangalore: An employee applied for leave as follows:
“Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife, please sanction me one-week leave.”
2) This is from Oracle Bangalore: from an employee who was performing the “mundan” ceremony of his 10 year old son: “as I want to shave my son’s head, please leave me for two days…”
3) Another gem from CDAC. Leave-letter from an employee who was performing his daughter’s wedding: “as I am marrying my daughter, please grant a week’s leave..”
4) From H.A.L. Administration Dept: “As my mother-in-law has expired and I am only one responsible for it, please grant me 10 days leave.”
5) Another employee applied for half day leave as follows: “Since I’ve to go to the cremation ground at 10 o-clock and I may not return, please grant me half day casual leave”
6) An incident of a leave letter: “I am suffering from fever, please declare one-day holiday.”
7) A leave letter to the headmaster: “As I am studying in this school I am suffering from headache. I request you to leave me today” ‘
Another leave letter written to the headmaster:“As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for the day.”
9) Covering note: “I am enclosed herewith…”
10) Another one: “Dear Sir: with reference to the above, please refer to my below…”
11) Actual letter written for application of leave: “My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband at home I may be granted leave”.
12) Letter writing:- “I am well here and hope you are also in the same well.”
13) A candidate’s job application: “This has reference to your advertisement calling for a ‘ Typist and an Accountant – Male or Female’… As I am both(!! )for the past several years and I can handle both with good experience, I am applying for the post.