VAT on stock transfer/self consumed goods

Page no : 2

Replied 15 June 2010


Replied 17 June 2010

 no vat on stocks send by stock transfer can be sold by vat invoice

Pradeep Tripathi (manager) (21 Points)
Replied 04 August 2014

Dear expert

I inform you we have one unit at gurgaon and we are adding one more again in gurgaon, my quation is that i want to know about intrastate stock transfer in haravat Vat, if we have transfer any stock to other unit vat and any form is required or not, please also confirm that we have required any other vat registration for new unit if their have no customer, its use only for stcok transfer for self use.

Please confirm as eariest.





yogesh (cs) (23 Points)
Replied 09 August 2014

Dear Respected sir, 

I have registration no in state Punjab & chandigarh. I have transfer from punjab to chandigarh and vice versa. My question is whether Punjab govt. can charge Vat on Stock transfer made from Punjab to Chandigarh or not. As i have received instructions from Punjab officers that you will have to pay vat on interstate stock transfer.

saurabh (student) (24 Points)
Replied 12 August 2014

Dear Sirs,

I have a query related to Stock Transfer. I am a steel trader in the city of Hyderabad which comes under Telangana State. Earlier I used to sell material under a VAT Bill of 5% but now since the state has been bifurcated I am billing my customer under 2% CST. 

I want to open a branch in Andhra Pradesh (which is a different state now) by taking a VAT Registration there separately and make stock transfer from here i.e. Hyderabad to Andhra Pradesh.

In stock transfer I send material from here in one vehicle to the other state under the prescribed documents. I want to know whether I can sell the material in the same vehicle as it is to the customer or is there a rule that the same vehicle number cannot be entered in the bill that I will issue to the customer after stock transfer to another state. I hope you have understood my query.

Also, please let me know if there is such rule that the vehicle has to be changed i.e. the material that is transferred as stock transfer has to first be unloaded at my branch and only then sold separately what will be the consequences if I do not change the vehicle and transfer the material to the party as it is.

Please let me know the documents prescribed as well.

Thanks and Regards

CA Saurabh Agarwal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: