Easy Office

Vat input credit on capital goods

Page no : 2

Bhanu Prakash Rao (Think Beyond Stay Ahead...!)   (1064 Points)
Replied 24 December 2011

Hi Natarajan 

Assuming that your company is registered under Karnataka Vaule Added Tax.

As per Sec 11(a) (2) of Kvat Act,2003 restrict the input tax paid on capital goods except if those capital goods are used in manufacture or other process, or resale or in the business then there would not be any restriction of input tax credit.

For your kind reference 

https://dpal.kar.nic.in/English%20Act.pdf

Regards.

Shweta Toshniwal (any) (22 Points)
Replied 24 December 2011

it would be better to capitalize whole amount including vat.

Virendra Kumar Sahu (Accounts Incharge) (21 Points)
Replied 24 December 2011

I am agree with Rengaraj and Neeraj Singh, as your company a service provider based company can not claim for input vat, only a manfacturing firm/ company can claim for input vat on capital goods and only that goods which related to manfacturing plant not related to  the office use goods

manish sharma (ca final) (110 Points)
Replied 24 December 2011

capatalised rs 104000/- because you dont take credit of vat.

Sheena Maheshwari (ARTICLESHIP) (240 Points)
Replied 25 December 2011

capitalise 104000 as 4000 vat is the cost incurred to bring the computers to a condition where they can be utilised by the business

Jilesh (Executive Internal Audit)   (30 Points)
Replied 26 December 2011

Rs. 1,00,000 i.e cost of computers excluding input credit is to be capitalized and you are not able to claim input credit on computers as they are used in office and not at plant place and ideally not regarded as capital goods on which vat credit is claimed.

shivam gupta (Student) (142 Points)
Replied 27 December 2011

As per Delhi VAT Act 

Capital Goods means machinery , plant  ,equipment which directly or indirectly  used in the process of trade or Manufacturing or for Execution of works contract in Delhi

If ur Co. is registered under VAT act  then 

in my opinion computer will be used for provifding the sevices to the client either directly or indirectly i.e this will be used in the pocess of providing services but not in the Nature of trade (i.e first purchased something then make some additions & sold the same item & make profit within that). hence VAT can not be claimed 

the entry will be 

Computer a/c  Dr.         104000

To Cash / Creditor                      104000

sharma.ctc@gmail.com (Sr Manager-Acs & Fin) (423 Points)
Replied 27 December 2011

Dear Natarajan and other freinds ..

Total amount shoud be capitalized including the VAT paid.

As because in terms of Sales Tax, Computer purchased for used in office cant be treated as Capital Goods because it has nothing to do with the productions and manufacturing.. or your business's direct operation.

sadasivareddy (Employee) (78 Points)
Replied 27 December 2011

I Agree with Bhanu Prakash

Tayyab Ali (Accountant) (35 Points)
Replied 29 December 2011

Right, you cant claim input credit on computer purchased. You can set off the input credit only in purchasing of machinery.

So, capitalise the same with cost + vat = total bill value.

muthu kumar (accountant) (27 Points)
Replied 08 August 2012

how to make capital goods entry in tally.

Tayyab Ali (Accountant) (35 Points)
Replied 08 October 2013

You can take input credit of vat only on the capital goods- machinery. Except this full value including vat on capital goods will be capitalised. So plz capitalise computer with 104000.00.

Vaman Shenoy (Engineer) (31 Points)
Replied 08 August 2016

I have an Automobile service Industry. I purchased machineries to test the Fuel Injection Pump . The parts used to repair suffer VAT and service charges come under service tax. Can I take input credit of those machines. My firm is in Karnataka

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: