Share on Email

Share More

Urgent help! career decision

SIDHARTH DHIR (senior articled assistant)     10 February 2012

SIDHARTH DHIR
senior articled assistant 
 68 likes  623 points

| My Other Post

I had appeared for the fourth time in pcc. but faile ddue to non fulfillment of 50% condition, individually i had cleared.

As a student, i am serious, and have an equal amt of aptitude for both FINANCE and INVESTMENT ANALYSIS. After yesterday's result, i started thinking about leaving CA and joining CFA. i know if i had worked this much in CFA (US), I could have cleared. Please suggest. What should i do, i am not able to go and pick up the same books again...

avater

Vikash Maheshwari (learner)     10 February 2012

Vikash Maheshwari
learner 
 1034 likes  6353 points

View Profile | My Other Post

i can understand wat u must b goin thru...........but there's no point dwellin in the past.........100 ppl will give u 100 advices.......but at the end it's upto u wat u want to do........I too had missed the finals once by just 8 marks despite clearing in all subjects except for costing.......so i can well understand the frustration...........but one thing that kept me goin was the will power and that zeal to bring a smile on my parent's face........so i suggest u the same.....jsut imagine of d day when u will pass and how proud ur parents wud b of ur achievement.........i can assure u that one success can wipe off all ur past failures and frustrations..............
and about ur studies........well i can share my style when i was preparing.....
i was  waiting for the tuitions to get over so that i can sit and study at home for audit and IT ,for these subjects I hadnot taken tuitions.......and my exm was due in nov.......i still rem,tuition of other subjects ended during d end of sept and i jst had aprox 1 mnth to tackle these subjects and had to revise other subjects too...........i almost had a panic attack ...........but i didnt give up.......i devised 1 week 1 subject plan...........so i tackled audit in 1 week......and trust me,i had not studied it before......during that 1 week i did jst audit.slept with audit,woke up with audit .......i had further refined my plan...i jst studied frm compiler...collection of 20 terms......so i used to do 4 terms in 1 day.........and in remaining 2 days i evn managed to revise..........i did standards from book............and boom............audit ran in my blood........all this hardwrok paid off,....i scored 78 and this helped me to pull my group total as i had not done well in other subjects..but i managed to clear in 1 attempt.........
and with regards to IT ......i followed the same thing......it has never been my fav subject.infact i blve,no commerce student will njoy studing it........so it's like a bitter syrup medicne which u have to take no matter wat.....
and with regards to CFA.....it's costly.....and no diffrent than CA as it is also sort of correspodence course.......I wud prefer MBA to it....u wud get to learn a lot.....

..feel free to ask for any help i cud b of...wud gladly help u.............all the best..............

1 Like
avater

SIDHARTH DHIR (senior articled assistant)     10 February 2012

SIDHARTH DHIR
senior articled assistant 
 68 likes  623 points

THANK YOU VERY MUCH VIKAS JI, SHOULD I GO FOR NOVEMBER 12 INSTEAD OF MAY 12, I HAVE BCOM FINAL IN APRIL...

avater

Vikash Maheshwari (learner)     10 February 2012

Vikash Maheshwari
learner 
 1034 likes  6353 points

i always blve that u shud never let go off an opportunity....hwo knws..evn luck may play a part.....u shud definitely go 4 may 12......start preparing now.....and dont take it lightly ........u have ample tym.......

avater

Pooja Swami (student)     11 February 2012

Pooja Swami
student 
 2 likes  32 points

Originally posted by : SIDHARTH DHIR

I had appeared for the fourth time in pcc. but faile ddue to non fulfillment of 50% condition, individually i had cleared.

As a student, i am serious, and have an equal amt of aptitude for both FINANCE and INVESTMENT ANALYSIS. After yesterday's result, i started thinking about leaving CA and joining CFA. i know if i had worked this much in CFA (US), I could have cleared. Please suggest. What should i do, i am not able to go and pick up the same books again...

omg! maybe you are right..I just cleared CFA level 1 and now i'm thinking to go for cfa level 2 in dec.

I think you can definitely go for CFA.
I took coaching from Finstructor coaching classes, they are in mumbai.
But they also provide video lectures and their video lectures are so fine!!!!
Really thinking to join them again!
 smiley
But most of all I'm so happy to clear level 1!! coollaugh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register