Transfer of Articleship

Riyaz Khan (CA CS (Exec) MBA (Fin) Asst. General Manager-SEBI Internal Auditor-British Certifications Inc.)   (1315 Points)

16 May 2011  

Dear All,

Please comment on the following query raised by one of my friend. The text of the query is given below as it is :

"My query is regarding transfer of my articleship from one city to another. I am undergoing articleship in 3rd year under existing CA in Chandigarh.

My father is in Govt. service and presently is being posted in Gurgaon. He got this transfer to Gurgaon around 8 months  back. But since then me and my family (except my father, who is in Gurgaon) have been staying in Chandigarh only. Now my family is moving from Chandigarh to Gurgaon. No family member of mine will stay back in Chandigarh.

However, I am not moving with them to Gurgaon. But I am moving to Kaithal i.e, my cousin's  house considering some specific job opportunity for me after completing CA. Therefore, I am planning to complete my remaining articleship there.

Please let me know :

1. Will it be permissible transfer of articleship to kaithal, when father's posting is in Gurgaon ?

2. If yes, what are the necessary documents that I have to submit for the purpose of getting approval from ICAI regarding transfer ?

3. And whether these documents need to be submit at the time of application for approval or along with Form 109/102/103 ?

Please note that my father's posting is in Gurgaon and he had been transferred there around 8 months back.

Please reply as soon as possible. I shall be thankful to you.

Regards, "

Dear Friends, please reply to above queries, if you have any idea !

Thanks in advane...