Sweaty palms, nightmares, a black-out even. Exams may cause you to experience terrible anxiety. Too much! But fear is not at all necessary. After all, our exam requirements set out exactly what you need to know and do before going in to an exam. On top of this, we give you ten tips that increase your chances of passing an exam. Take notice of these tips when preparing for your exam.
Top Ten Exam Tips
1. Be sure to use the exam requirements, recommended literature and sample exams.
2. Complete the sample exam first without consulting the answers. Then make sure to carefully read and understand the feedback.
3. Make sure to allow for plenty of time when travelling to the exam location.
4. Enter an exam well-rested.
5. Start with the easy questions. Do not get stuck on difficult ones, but put those questions aside and return to them later.
6. Often, first impressions are best. Therefore, do not change your answers unless you are absolutely certain that you have made a mistake.
7. Read the question very carefully. Consider what precisely is being asked. If the question demands four arguments, then give four, not three or five. Do not write more than required in the hope that the people marking the exams will select the correct answers.
8. The so-called ‘Open exam questions’ demand that you compose the entire answer yourself: make sure you write clearly.
9. In the case of multiple choice questions: think of your own answer first before looking at the answers listed on the page.
10. When you are finished, check carefully whether you have answered all the questions.