To increase capital structure.

. I have just incorporated my Private Limited company having a paid up capital of 1 Lac and an authorized capital of 10 lac having 1 lac shares of Face value of Re 1 only divided between 2 directors having 50 : 50 equity. The incorporation has been completed on 22.04.2016 . I have found a investor who wants to invest 10 lac in my business. Now , what is the best way to raise this capital ? My primary conversation with the investor has revealed that he wants 20% equity If I have to raise through equity, do I have to increase my authorized capital. What is the tax that I have to pay to the government. . Is there any other way of showing the money raised for development of infrastructure ,etc so that the same becomes non-taxable or minimum tax is to be paid .If in the event that I have to pay a heavy tax, can I make this investor as a director for 20% equity so that I dont have to pay any tax . I have read that if I can qualify as a startup , I will be excused for Tax for next 3 years. The eligibility criteria which I read is applicable Someone also said that premium share concept may be applicable, but a high percentage of Taxes are applicable. Please let me inform at the earliest. Thanking you, Buddha deb Das
Replies (1)
Originally posted by : BUDDHADEB DAS
. I have just incorporated my Private Limited company having a paid up capital of 1 Lac and an authorized capital of 10 lac having 1 lac shares of Face value of Re 1 only divided between 2 directors having 50 : 50 equity. The incorporation has been completed on 22.04.2016 . I have found a investor who wants to invest 10 lac in my business. Now , what is the best way to raise this capital ? My primary conversation with the investor has revealed that he wants 20% equity If I have to raise through equity, do I have to increase my authorized capital. What is the tax that I have to pay to the government.
. Is there any other way of showing the money raised for development of infrastructure ,etc so that the same becomes non-taxable or minimum tax is to be paid
.If in the event that I have to pay a heavy tax, can I make this investor as a director for 20% equity so that I dont have to pay any tax
. I have read that if I can qualify as a startup , I will be excused for Tax for next 3 years. The eligibility criteria which I read is applicable
Someone also said that premium share concept may be applicable, but a high percentage of Taxes are applicable.
Please let me inform at the earliest.
Thanking you,
Buddha deb Das
 

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details