To increase capital structure.

BUDDHADEB DAS (ACCOUNTANT) (47 Points)

26 April 2016  
. I have just incorporated my Private Limited company having a paid up capital of 1 Lac and an authorized capital of 10 lac having 1 lac shares of Face value of Re 1 only divided between 2 directors having 50 : 50 equity. The incorporation has been completed on 22.04.2016 . I have found a investor who wants to invest 10 lac in my business. Now , what is the best way to raise this capital ? My primary conversation with the investor has revealed that he wants 20% equity If I have to raise through equity, do I have to increase my authorized capital. What is the tax that I have to pay to the government. . Is there any other way of showing the money raised for development of infrastructure ,etc so that the same becomes non-taxable or minimum tax is to be paid .If in the event that I have to pay a heavy tax, can I make this investor as a director for 20% equity so that I dont have to pay any tax . I have read that if I can qualify as a startup , I will be excused for Tax for next 3 years. The eligibility criteria which I read is applicable Someone also said that premium share concept may be applicable, but a high percentage of Taxes are applicable. Please let me inform at the earliest. Thanking you, Buddha deb Das