Things to do to keep from getting bored

I’m not one to get bored, ever … but a number of readers have written in with the question: What do I do if I’m bored out of my skull at work?

So the short answer: just find things to entertain yourself. Keep your mind busy. Challenge yourself. Talk to somebody. Break out of your mold.

Just some things I’ve done to keep my mind busy — pick and choose those that might work for you.

Create a new challenge

Pursue your next job

List your life goals

Pursue a hobby

Make your work a game

Educate yourself.

Improve your skills

Play Sudoku

Choose a soothing desktop picture.

Do some pushups and crunches

Call a loved one

Start writing your novel.

Take a nap. 

Create a new project or role.

 

Replies (1)
Arniv, getting bored, oh god, it's so good to hear, recently, I was just thinking, when was last time,that I got bored?? Didn't get answer, life made us so busy, we hardly get time to get bored.. Really I miss it.. Arniv, Thanks for the lovely tips you have given, "write a novel", this I liked it lot.. keep sharing..

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details