ICICI

TDS Returns

Geetha.K (Accountants Officer)     20 February 2008

Geetha.K
Accountants Officer 
 118 points

| My Other Post

Hi,

I am faceing many problems while submitting the TDS returns for the year 2006-07.

• First time I am fileing the TDS returns.
  • One of the Karvycenter people fully misgudied me and that I came to know when  I went to another Karvycenter.They told me to do it again takeing coreection software.

Now my problem is

• The Co.paid the TDS amount for the whole year with interest and prepared the challans in Partywise for the whole year.Now I should  file the returns in qurterly right  ? .But  the amount in challans is not yet all matching to the amount in returns what I am going to file .
  • They are saying the query shold come from Department to you.

I don't know what to do ? Is there any alternate method for this ?

If query will come what I will do ?

Please kelp me . It's urgent.

With Regards

Geetha.K

avater

Vijay (CA)     20 February 2008

Vijay
CA 
 1 likes  254 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Dear Geetha AS per my view firstly TDS amount should match with your books of accounts like data fromm Tally (If u maintain accounts in Tally). Secondaly you have to find the challan details. If you depositeed TDS measn it should based on some data. So try to find the challan details. And if after doing this yoiu come to know that some TDS not deposited then you have to deposit challan for those quarter again with difference amount. This is the simple way. Let me know if anymore required. Regards Vijay

avater

O.D.SHARMA (DGM-F & A)     20 February 2008

O.D.SHARMA
DGM-F & A 
 43 likes  1719 points

u prepare TDS return according to payments & TDS ,As U have paid on yearly basis. No problem .Give chalan details and intrest figures along with TDS .Once you find your TDS & Intrest is matching with books. it will be easier to file return.

(Guest)

Pls let me know when will be ICWA(Inter) Dec 2007 results

avater

Geetha.K
Accountants Officer 
 118 points

Dear Vijay and O.D Sharma

Thanks for the replay.

Let me explain you full.
The Co. paid the TDS with interest for the whole year for Rs.8 lakh . but they wrote saparate challans to each party for whole year. like ABC - 2 lak DEF - 5 lak etc.

But TDS returns is qurterly right?
i.e in 2 lakh I have to split according to qurter payments and then I have to fill the TDS.That I did.

Then how the challan amount and TDS return file amount will match ? For that they are saying query should come from Department.

Actually they have booked more TDS amount in Tally and they paid TDS takeing net payment details I don't know how they did like that ? and When I asked the responsible person he says I don't know
Now I am faceing very difficult because in tally iIt's showing more expenses .
I think for that amount I have to make a reverse entry right ?

It confuses me lot .Please help me .
With Regards
Geetha

avater

Vijay
CA 
 1 likes  254 points

Dear geetha Yes, you can reverse the entry also by passing a Journal Voucher. You can give same challan reference number for more then one quarter. Means you can say that only one challan is deposited for more then one quarter. It will not create any problem as you are also deposited interest thereon. Let me know if require more. Vijay

avater

Geetha.K
Accountants Officer 
 118 points

Thank you Mr.Vijay I have so many quries. Can you guide me ? Please give me your Email Id. With Regards Geetha.K

avater

Vijay
CA 
 1 likes  254 points

HI Pls chek ur private message where I have writen my mail id. Thanks Vijay

avater

Geetha.K (Accountants Officer)     23 February 2008

Geetha.K
Accountants Officer 
 118 points

Mr. Vijay
Sorry I send you the datas but there is some problem in my mail , so the datas are not reached you .

I have one more query , see

A/C no 1 is Current A/c :
A/c no. 2 is OD A/c : ok

Bank people taken the interest on loan from 1 to 2 ,after that they reversed the same. But they showed only in current A/c and no entry in OD A/c.

When I joined I noticed it everyone but nobody cares it. At last I explained it to one retired Bank Manager. After rectification he found , it's bank's mistake. and its loss to bank .i.e around 12 lakhs.

The Co. did the same thing like bank people while passing the entries in Tally .They passed the receipt entry i.e interst on loan to 1.to Acually we should pass A/C 2 to 1 right ?

Is it wrong ? What entries should I pass ? If I correct that entry I can't reconcile the bank statement.

If they did the mistake why we should do the mistake ?

ashok (Finance Executive)     20 May 2008

ashok
Finance Executive 
 56 points

Friends Can guide me how to pass J.V's? and When should ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »