tds return of transporters

I am working with a logistics(transport) company, we enter into transport contracts with the sub contractors for serving our clients.

Now as per the amended provision if

1. the transporter furnishes PAN no tds is not to be deducted

2. if he does not furnishes PAN, tds is to be deducted

Now

While preparing tds return

I will not have to provide detail of 1 above as no tds is deducted

and as regards 2 above I cannot prepare return since I do not have their PAN No.

Kindly advise how should I prepare the return, specific to this case.

Replies (2)

YOUR QUERRY IS VERY TRICKY BUT GOOD.

IN SITUATION 1 YOU WILL FILE NIL RETURN.

IN SITUATION 2 YOU WILL HAVE TO GO BY INDIRECT WAY,WHICH YOU CAN GET FROM ME PERSONALLY, NOT HERE.

I think, the question needs to address to the TDS Department of Local Income tax Office. If they are aware with the latest provision they can answer.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details