TDS on rent for redevelopment property

Lila (Job) (490 Points)

02 June 2023  

My house went in redevelopment and I am getting rent from the developer. TDS is being deducted on this rent u/s 194I(b). To claim this TDS, i need to file ITR. Should I show this rent as Income from house property (since TDS is u/s 194I(b)) or should I show it as Income from Other sources, as described by IT Act.