Tds for interior work contract

Sreejesh V K (ICMA Final Student)     29 July 2015

Sreejesh V K
ICMA Final Student 
 147 points

| My Other Post

Dear Friends,

Hope you all doing well!! Need you kind assistance on below case.

My friend have a Interion contract business. One of his client is going to deduct TDS @ 10% u/s 194J as they consider it as technical fees. As far as concerned, the above case could be considered as the payment to contracor u/s 194C or not?? If yes, he is subjected to pay only 1% instead of 10. Awaiting for your latest advise...

avater

Rajagopalakrishnan R (PARTNER)     29 July 2015

Rajagopalakrishnan R
PARTNER 
 148 likes  1407 points

View Profile | My Other Post

The nature ofjob will determine the nature of TDS too!. Is your friend offering advisory on how the interior should be done ( design drawings or plain advice) or is he doing the interior job work itself. The first one would be Tech fees, second be contract. Note that whenever delivery of material and labour in a composite form is involved it can only be a contract and not tech or prof fees.

1 Like
avater

Sreejesh V K (ICMA Final Student)     29 July 2015

Sreejesh V K
ICMA Final Student 
 147 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Originally posted by : Rajagopalakrishnan R
The nature ofjob will determine the nature of TDS too!. Is your friend offering advisory on how the interior should be done ( design drawings or plain advice) or is he doing the interior job work itself. The first one would be Tech fees, second be contract. Note that whenever delivery of material and labour in a composite form is involved it can only be a contract and not tech or prof fees.

Sir,

The work nature itself is contract which include supply of material and labour as well.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »