Easy Office
LCI Learning

Tds and ppf deducted but not deposited

Page no : 2

Neha (Unknown) (32 Points)
Replied 21 May 2012

@ CA Chandana Thanks for your valuable suggestion. A few more things I would like to clear,

I have heard that If employer has deducted and not paid PPF, he can be put in Jail, is this true ?

For Financial year 2011-2012 , when is the last date (for employer) to deposit PPF And TDS. I should wait till that date and after that i should go to concerned authorities for further action.

Thanks a lot for the earlier answer .

Tejas Jain (Chartered Accountant) (314 Points)
Replied 21 May 2012

ohh u r still in confusion...? Last date for deposit of PF is 15th of April and for TDS it was 30th April. but if tehy do not deposit the amount Auditors will not give clean report.

1 Like

PRITAM JAIN, CA , CS (Practising CA CS) (398 Points)
Replied 21 May 2012

Originally posted by : Tejas Jain

I will have to ask some details so it will be easy if you mail me if you don't have any problem

In case of TDS.....

If a person deducts TDS but not deposit in the treasury of Govt. he is deemed to be assessee in default and such assessee is liable to punishment for imprisionment upto 3 to 7 years

These things are reported in

1) TAX audit report (Please confirm that these are reported by auditor ) Form 3CD-under clause 27 a & b

2) CARO report for staturory dues not paid.

For PPF ....

Ms. Chandana answered quite well....

Neha (Unknown) (32 Points)
Replied 21 May 2012

@ PRITAM JAIN : Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks. There has been no audit in our organization for this Financial Year.

should I wait till we get the audit done for the clear picture ?

Replied 21 May 2012

Originally posted by : Tejas Jain

I will have to ask some details so it will be easy if you mail me if you don't have any problem

In case of TDS.....

If a person deducts TDS but not deposit in the treasury of Govt. he is deemed to be assessee in default and such assessee is liable to punishment for imprisionment upto 3 to 7 years

1) TAX audit report (Please confirm that these are reported by auditor ) Form 3CD-under clause 27 a & b

For PPF ....

Replied 21 May 2012

Originally posted by : PRITAM JAIN
please tell me status of ur org Company, Partnership Firm or what

In case of TDS.....

For PPF ....

anuj suryan (Banking) (21 Points)
Replied 29 May 2013

Same case happened with my wife where there is a mismatcc between tds deducted and tds deposited, due to which ITR for FY 11-12(ay 12-13) is pending and e-Filing site is showing Tax Credit Mismatch. Please advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: