Taxation entries nullify

I am stuck with tally entry and do not know how to do it.

In the year 17-18 in company's balance sheet I mentioned Advance tax as 30000/- This reflected in Assets side.

I made a provision of 9850/- This reflected at Liabilities side.

My total tax for the year 17-18 was 39850 as per computation. 30k was paid in 17-18 and 9850 was paid in 18-19 thru bank.

I received the order 143/1 today for FY17-18.

I neither got refund nor I have to pay anything. I am at the finalising steps of balance sheet for 18-19.

I would like to know what entry to pass in tally which will remove 9850 from Liabilities and 30k from Assets in Balance Sheet of 18-19 I am not an accountant and learned tally and account by hit and trial. Plz help. Thanks

Replies (3)
if your tax liab. for 17-18 is 30k and the same is paid through advance tax, in that case you can nullify it with you tax liability.

and for provision amount you can tfr that to p&l a/c by reversing it.
Self assessment tax payable a/c Dr 30000
To Advance Tax 30000 and
Provision for Income tax a/c Dr 9850
To Self assessment tax payable a/c 9850 and
Self assessment tax payable a/c Dr 9850
To Bank a/c 9850

Sorry for the late reply Madamshetty Kavya and thank you so much.

I have passed the entries in tally and what I wanted to remove from the balance sheet has gone by passing the entries supplied by you, however, when I see my "Indirect Expenses" section in Profit & Loss statement, I see that my tax as 30000/-. Shouldnt it be 39850?

My ledgers are as follows:

Provision for Income Tax FY1718 => made under Current Liabilities

Advance Tax => made under Current Assets

Self Assessment Tax for FY1718 => made under Indirect Expenses

Plz let me know.

Thanks

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details