Superannuation fund annuity question

I had resigned from a company a few years back and did not take another job for some time. So I got my superannuation fund transfer to LIC which is paying me annuity every six months. This is not taxable as informed by my company.

Now I have taken another job and I am still getting getting annuity which I transferred earlier when I quit. Is the annuity continues to be non-taxable or does it become taxable since I am not longer retired and getting salary for my new job.

Thanks for your help

Replies (1)
Annuity received under a superannuation policy funded by employer should be treated as pension directly received from employer and should be eligible for standard deduction.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details