ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Solve the Quiz - Reasoning

Rahul Gupta (Project Controller ACA MBA(Fin.))   (8004 Points)

09 June 2010  

Below is a quiz, which requires some deductive reasoning and working. It helps you to think different form some professional work, so just when you want to do something different, try it out.

 

The solution will be posted on 13th June, Sunday, and in the mean time if based on the answer given and logic and reasoning provided if anybody provided the solution, then the answer can be disclosed before that too or will be informed through PM. Best of lick friends..

 

There is no trick to this - it needs deductive reasoning and definitely a pen and paper.

 

Below is a quiz written by Einstein last century. He said 98% of the people in the world cannot solve the quiz. Are you among the other 2%?   

  FACTS

1. There are 5 houses in 5 different colors.

2. In each house lives a person with a different nationality

3. These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.

4. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same drink.

HINTS

1. The Brit lives in a red house.

2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.

3. The Dane drinks tea.

4. The green house is on the left of the white house.

5. The green house owner drinks coffee.

6. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.

7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.

8. The man living in the house right in the centre drinks milk.

9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.

10. The man who smokes blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.

11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.

12. The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.

13. The German smokes Prince.

14. The Norwegian lives next to the Blue House.

15. The man who smokes blend has a neighbour who drinks water.     

Now, Who is keeping Fish as pet?????


 5 Replies

MOHIT MAHAJAN (LCS, ACA) (2050 Points)
Replied 09 June 2010

Here is a solution which i have sorted out, in my opinion it fulfills all the 15 facts.  Check, if there is any discrepancy then plz tell, i'll retry

GERMAN is keeping fish as pet

      

1 Like

ramajayam (ARTILCE) (144 Points)
Replied 09 June 2010

german





1 Like

shakuntala chhangani (FCA Course co-ordinator WIRC coaching centre)   (2525 Points)
Replied 10 June 2010

 

German. It took 30 minute and my family is still solving it. Good work Rahul. keep it up.

Regards, CA Shakuntala Chhangani

1 Like

Rahul Gupta (Project Controller ACA MBA(Fin.))   (8004 Points)
Replied 13 June 2010

Thanks a lot to all of you for viewing this trying this quis. I hope you all Enjoyed this.

 

Special thanks to Mr. Mohit Mahajan, Mr. Ramajayan for answering and removing the logic of the quiz from the post here on my request through PM. However, the logic provided by both of you are absolutely correct.

 

Also, Special thanks to Respected Shakuntala, for appreciating it.

 

As promised for posting the answer on Sunday, here is the file attched for the answer. The corrrect answer is German.

Thanks a lot to all of you for viewing.


Attached File : 42 solution to reasoning quiz.pdf downloaded: 132 times
1 Like

ramajayam (ARTILCE) (144 Points)
Replied 14 June 2010

nice brainey work ragul >>>


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Related Threads


Loading



Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags