Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003


Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pankaj Arora (Learner)     09 December 2011

Short vat refund recd.

Dear All

we have short received Vat refund of f.y. 08-09 from sales tax office. our refund was 84252.00 but we received 81141. its short of Rs. 3111.00 How to adjust of remaining Vat refund shall we carry forward it to next f.y. or it can be write off. if it can be write off what will be the accounting entry to write of remaining vat refund amount.

 4 Replies


Prakash (Chartered Accountant)     09 December 2011

There is no point in Carry forwarding it further, seems asst for that year completed


Do, write off that balance, to do so here is the adjustment entry


VAT Paid A/c   or  VAT Credit Written off A/c (Revenue Nature)            Dr   3,111

 To    VAT Credit A/c ( The account in Balance sheet)                                              Cr 3,111

Pankaj Arora

Pankaj Arora (Learner)     09 December 2011

vat paid amount rs.3111 will allow under income tax act?


RENGARAJ R.K (ADVOCATE)     22 December 2011

All Government taxes are allowed in IT Act, provided the same is not penalty/interest nature.




rengaraj r.k

amol santre

amol santre (student)     18 July 2013

The Vat refund in question is always shown as asset.The refund received should be added to income by virtue of section 41 in the year of receipt by deducting such short receipt.Thus if the recipt is taxed  then the write off is allowed.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags