Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Self study of ca final

Runita Bezalwar (nagpur) (79 Points)

26 January 2014  

Hey...I am CA Final student...My attempt is in May,15...Now,I have done SFM,Accounts..IDT,Isca will do in some months.....I was thinking all rest subjects like DT,Costing,Law,Audit will do on self...Is it okay??...can I do these four subjects self??...m getting confused....m ok with theory papers...but people suggesting me to do classes of atlest Costing...My problem is According to my observation...we mostly forget what we have tought in class...ultimately,we all do self study only...So,i just wanna save class time n focus on self study...Help me Guys....Getting dammmm confused...

19 Replies

CA Rajan Rathod (EXPERIENCE) (196 Points)
Replied 26 January 2014

Do practical subjects coaching..like costing,account,sfm,Dt,IDT

Akshay.S (CA Final) (94 Points)
Replied 26 January 2014

hey runita . . . . tlkin abt AMA . . . there are certain concepts in AMA fo whch u need expert explanation . . . although da book u wud refer fo it may give u bt thre is least possibility tht u wud understand evrythng in book . . . in class as ppl hv suggestd u . . . each n evry thing is taught in detail . . . . points whre a student may stuck r xplained well . . . u can ask ur queries too . . . so better go fo costing class atleast... regarding DT . . . . refer VG . . its best . .

Ganeshbabu K (Audit and Tax Advisory) (48504 Points)
Replied 27 January 2014

If ur going to costing self study refer p c tulsian book s chand publishers . . Ok to do selfstudy as u have so much time

Srishti Mongia (Article) (35 Points)
Replied 27 January 2014

Take classes for costing. Coaching can give practice n also the class notes are handy. Rest are manaageable through self study.

Sarim Aazam Abbasi (Article Assistance) (23 Points)
Replied 27 January 2014

Self study is always better but in Case of CA its not. Its better to have a class not for all subject but some practical like Acc Cost. Sfm etc. Books may be your best friend but they can't have interaction with you and give you proper desire knowledge. I also passed my CPT And IPCC with self study with 64% And 56.25 % respectively but I think I can achieve more than this if I...............

CA AMIT KUMAR SHARMA (Chartered Accountant) (574 Points)
Replied 27 January 2014

I think costing classes is compulsory because it has many practical aspects other subjects u cn do self... god bless

anurag (CA) (2264 Points)
Replied 27 January 2014

It depends upon your learning style. I cleared both grps single sitting and getting 83 marks in costing through self study only. The rule of success is that there is no such fixed rule.
1 Like

sweety kankani (jayal) (39 Points)
Replied 27 January 2014

I thnk costing and DT karni chahiye bcos self me kuch points cover nhi ho pate

sweety kankani (jayal) (39 Points)
Replied 27 January 2014

I thnk costing and DT karni chahiye bcos self me kuch points cover nhi ho pate

chayan (ca students) (21 Points)
Replied 27 January 2014

Thankzzz,for yours complement It's very important for every ca students

Shwetha R (CA ) (377 Points)
Replied 27 January 2014

Actually I never went to classes for CA & totally its self study...I cleared by grp-2 & got exemption in law.. but this time due to Fin rep, i lost grp-1 & also law exemption......I think other than coaching, mere guidance is required...so der many books which is conceptually gud which can replace coaching....I can say dat CA can be completed without coaching also... as its called guidance other than coaching...

1 Like

himanshu (Student CA Final ) (26 Points)
Replied 27 January 2014

For DT and Low you must take classes because their is too much linking in these two subjects, difficult to mug up theory. costing and audit you can do by self study

deepak (Job) (381 Points)
Replied 27 January 2014

Go for classes for costing

Kushal Khator ( CA ) (562 Points)
Replied 27 January 2014

Practical subjects like FR,SFM,AMA,DT,IDT classes are taken to get a hold on the concept part of the subjects. Once you have a knowledge of the subjects by the GOOD coaching classes, you only need to do self study and practise a good number of practical questions.

As for you, you get a time bound road map of starting and finishing the chapters taught in the classes.So you move accordingly.

In DT paper, you can manage of your own as 75% are that of IPCC syllabus which you have already studied but it is in more detailed version with its implications and 25% ( AP, Taxability of Different Assesses, MAT, W. TAX, etc are new to you.) You can also study these with your good notes of any teacher if you can manage).

As for Theory, i.e, Audit-Surbhi Bansal Book ,C. Law-Munish Bhandari and ISCA-Institute Study Material are the best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register