Section 10 AA

Suppose I want to claim exemption under section 10AA
Now, I have completed 10yrs in SEZ......For remaining 5 yrs , I can claim if I fulfill specified conditions....
For that we have to create reserve and utilise it in a specified manner...
My question is : if after utilisation of reserve, extra reserve which remains unutilised can be used for other purpose like distribution of dividend etc...
Replies (4)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies the rules around Section 10AA tax exemptions for businesses operating in SEZs. Specifically, it addresses whether any remaining funds in the reinvestment reserve, after fulfilling the business utilisation requirements, can be distributed as dividends or profits. The consensus is that these reserves are strictly for business purposes and cannot be used for dividend distribution or other non-business activities.

The s*x reinvestment reserve shall be utilized for the purpose of business other than for distribution by way of dividends or profits or for remittance outside India as profits or for the creation of any asset outside India.
Yes that I understood but my question is after reinvestment, I have not utilised fully means now there is no requirement of further utilisation for the purpose of business then remaining amount can be used for distribution of dividend? ??
Nope.. it can't be used for other purposes.
Ok got it....thank you

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details