Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

science stream wanting to do ca...

Vishal Capoor (Hotel) (195 Points)

18 June 2009  

I have a brother who is currently studying in class 12th and he belongs to science stream..now he is willing to do ca...but he is not sure dat as a science student will he be  able to learn n understand the concepts of accounts...n wat r d advantages n disadvantages of a science student doing ca...

12 Replies

CA Alok Modak (CA in Practice) (595 Points)
Replied 18 June 2009

even i was a science student ...did my 12the and jumped into CA wagon..there are many CAs who have come from science field ..

Since he is from a science field ..he will just have to learn basics of accounts..from some private tution...rest of subjects for Bcom are a piece of cake..

but for ca exam it will take a lot of hardwork ...(but that also applies to commerce students..)

So in end, he will be on an equal footing with all other students for the CA exam..

he has to adapt and adjust to the commerce field ..since for 2 years he did not have any subjects like economics, banking, law, etc.

you can help him here since u yourself have commerce background

I know quite a few students at 10th standard feel commerce is a field where only the average students go ( personally i have a fair share of experience about this, main reason = peer pressure)

For me, pursuing CA was the best choice i ever made after my 12th (i even had got an engineering admission in the college and was in a big delimma) 

All the best

(Guest)

CA course is all about common sense

so easy to understand

I am also from science back ground ( completed Engineering)

go ahead all the very best for your future pursuits

Amit Khanna (student) (447 Points)
Replied 19 June 2009

Originally posted by :Vishal Capoor
" I have a brother who is currently studying in class 12th and he belongs to science stream..now he is willing to do ca...but he is not sure dat as a science student will he be  able to learn n understand the concepts of accounts...n wat r d advantages n disadvantages of a science student doing ca... "

I am also from science stream, now in C.A final. Only thing reqd. is to join a good class for accounts for CPT and he should

work more hard on accounts as compared to commerce students, and above all be committed ,thats it.

Since he is from science he will have advantage in Maths for CPT.

All the Best for a Great Future

Amit Khanna (student) (447 Points)
Replied 19 June 2009

Originally posted by :Vishal Capoor
" I have a brother who is currently studying in class 12th and he belongs to science stream..now he is willing to do ca...but he is not sure dat as a science student will he be  able to learn n understand the concepts of accounts...n wat r d advantages n disadvantages of a science student doing ca... "

I am also from science stream, now in C.A final. Only thing reqd. is to join a good class for accounts for CPT and he should

work more hard on accounts as compared to commerce students, and above all be committed ,thats it.

Since he is from science he will have advantage in Maths for CPT.

All the Best for a Great Future

Rekha (MANAGER - FINANCE & ACCOUNTS)   (1445 Points)
Replied 19 June 2009

I was a science student. i took up CA after my twelth and now doing my Final .. writing exam in november2009.. Science students easily wil excel in CA.

Only thing u should do is to learn basic accounts by attending some tution centres or u can even refer 12 th and B.COM Text books to have a preliminary and basic knowledge and then proceed with the higher level.

All the best!!

ashwani kumar (account asssistant) (36 Points)
Replied 19 June 2009

YES OF COURSE VISHAL KAPOOR A SCIENCE STUDENT CAN DO CA. CA NEEDS STUDYING HARD IF HE HAS A GOOD STAMINA FOR BECOMING A CA HE CAN SURELY SUCCEED.SINCE HE BELONGS TO A SCIENCE BACKGROUND SO HE HAS A PERFECT KNOWLEDGE IN MATH. SO BEWARE CAN DO CA

Manmohan ACA, CS (Chartered Accountant ) (14243 Points)
Replied 19 June 2009

Agree with all

Atul Kumar (CA) (504 Points)
Replied 19 June 2009

See I also did 12th with PCM and was an Engineer at heart but entered into this field & I was able to clear my CA in 1st attempt throughout.

So, no problem. I can even say that Science Background student clear the exam more easily than Commerce side student with my little experience so far....

CA Paras jain (Audit Senior Assistant) (1544 Points)
Replied 20 June 2009

ya science student cn also enter into CA..

bt d basic problem to b faced by dem wud b of accounts..n dat cn easily b solved by joining a gud coaching institute..

u need to strt frm vry basic to get full knwledge of it

n as such dere r no disadvantages of doin CA by any science student...

it wud b a little tough for him bcoz student of commerce stream r already aware of d basics of accounts in class 11th..

he just need to put sm xtra efforts nw..

(Guest)

i think science streem student can perform well as commerce student............just go throgh to every concept properly

Deepanshi Jain (student) (16 Points)
Replied 24 October 2016

Hello all and vishal..!

Yes this having no doubt the science student can give CA Exam. There is one morte option for the science student that he can give CSIR UGC NET exam. This exam is made for teh science students. With clearing this exam you must be awarded by the Scholarship. CSIR NET Exam is one of the best career option who want to make them self expert in science because it is only meant for science. you must check your csir eligibility altest once.

CA Mayank (Job in a Co-operative Bank)   (1142 Points)
Replied 24 October 2016

As per my observation a student of Sceince can generally get conmand on the subjects of commerce field, so it's advantage....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags