Scared of big 4 now...ey ? i need help

lakshay (ipcc)     17 February 2012

lakshay
ipcc 
 23 likes  581 points

| My Other Post

i have been selected as a article of ERNST AND YOUNG stat audit dept...i know it should be a happy moment for me but i am really scared and depressed...

i am scared , what will happen if work is too tough for me..i know that i can work hard for 13-14 hours everyday..thats not a problem ..but if i am not able to understand it then what will happen..will they scold me in front of everyone ..is the stat audit work too complex..???

secondly i am very very shy..i am scared to face girls..like i can't get comfortable with girls..i am scared of public speaking..when ever i think of these things in EY i get goosebumps and i become very very depressed...i need help

(Guest)

Dont get depressed, just concentrate on what u r doing. Dont get scared of scolding by anyone infront of anyone,Its happened in all CA firms whether its big 4 and small firm.Dont shy from girls they all are your collageaues and friends.

Lastly speaking in public when u get chance to get say something it means you have an opinion and think at that time assume that all sitting before you are like noone.

avater

srishty mittal (Intern- Aviva India)     19 February 2012

srishty mittal
Intern- Aviva India 
 3 likes  78 points

View Profile | My Other Post

in which branch of ey are u selected?

avater

srishty mittal (Intern- Aviva India)     19 February 2012

srishty mittal
Intern- Aviva India 
 3 likes  78 points

in big 4s smart work, public speaking ,communication skills matter more than 12 or 14 hrs of work....in articleship period one has to discuss with people including co workers, client, management................so, u need 2 shift your paradigm .....

RIDA TARANNUM SOGARA (CA Intern at Ernst Young )     05 February 2017

RIDA TARANNUM SOGARA
CA Intern at Ernst Young  
 26 points

hi lakshay

i am RIDA and i am an intern at ERNST YOUNG. remember one thing the fears which u have mentioned above have to be overcomed either now or later. And the main difference between a mid sized and big 4 is the way you interact with your client. coming to EY the work is awesome. everyday is a new learning oppurtunity. many don't get a chance 2 get into EY specially. u r lucky to get a chance to get n -don't miss it. I would suggest you to get into EY and see the way they transform you in 3 yrs time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here