Reopen of cases

Amit Maheshwari (Manager Accounts) (347 Points)

21 July 2015  

One person sold his land, to a company in 2005, on which he never paid capital gain, and deposited the consideration in bank as Fixed deposit. now he received notice under section 142(1) for A. Y. 2014-15. as he not filled ITR and huge amount of TDS is showing on bank FD in 26 AS.

i just want to know can department able to reopen the case of sale of land, to ask him for source of income to create such Fixed Deposit