Rent Agreement During Lockdown Period

Harish ( ) (53 Points)

27 December 2020  

My employer requested a Rent Agreement as a compulsory condition to get HRA benefit, where the rent agreement should clearly specify the duration of the period exemption is claimed i.e from 1st April 2020 onwards .

Now my query is - During the period starting from nationwide lock down from 24th March 2020 till Unlock 1.0 started from June 1,2020  - most of the sub registrar office and notary services were suspended so legal rent agreement work was NOT done in most of the courts/sub registrar office. Want to know if there is any verdict from any court or any other law which provides exemption that if a rent agreement created on a later date can cover the entire HRA claimed period starting 1st April.

The below article was somewhat helpful but it does not answer my query that what and how I should do to satisfy my employer condition of rent agreement with start date of specified period

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/real-estate/coronavirus-lockdown-how-are-landlords-and-tenants-coping-with-the-pandemic-5086271.H T M L

Please help.