Regarding form 26qb wrong payment mode selected

Hi,
 
I need help on the payment option I have selected after filling form 26qb.
 
After filling form 26qb and mentioning the 1% Tax on my new home installment payment made, I selected axis bank and entered the amount against fee instead of Income Tax.
 
Income Tax0.00
Surcharge 0.00
Education cess 0.00
Fee (Form 26QB) 8,239.00
Total 8,239.00
 
Then after reading FAQ's in tin-nsdl,  I realized that I was suppose to enter the amount in Income Tax as below FAQ is mentioned in it.
https://www.tin-nsdl.com/tds/TDS-FAQ.php
 
I have entered tax amount in Fee, I am unable to generate Form 16B from TRACES website?
The TDS amount as per Form 26QB should be entered in the field ‘Basic Tax’ (Income Tax) on the Bank’s web-portal as TDS certificate (Form 16B) will be based on ‘Basic Tax’ (Income Tax) only."
 
what do I need to do now. They have not given any solution in FAQ. Wont I get my form 16b. I  called Axis bank but no one is sure what needs to be done and the tin-nsdl customer number is always coming busy
Replies (6)

Hi 

 

I am facing the exact same issue .I am terribly worried . Could you help me on how you resolved this ?

Hi,   I need help on the payment option I have selected after filling form 26qb.   After filling form 26qb and mentioning the 1% Tax on my new home instalment payment made, I selected my bank and entered the amount against fee instead of Income Tax.   Income Tax0.00 Surcharge 0.00 Education cess 0.00 Fee (Form 26QB) 92000 Total 92000 .Then after reading FAQ's in tin-nsdl,  I realized that I was supposed to enter the amount in Income Tax as below FAQ is mentioned in it. https://www.tin-nsdl.com/tds/TDS-FAQ.php   I have entered tax amount in Fee, I am unable to generate Form 16B from TRACES website? The TDS amount as per Form 26QB should be entered in the field ‘Basic Tax’ (Income Tax) on the Bank’s web-portal as TDS certificate (Form 16B) will be based on ‘Basic Tax’ (Income Tax) only."   what do I need to do now. They have not given any solution in FAQ. Won't I get my form 16b. I  called my bank but no one is sure what needs to be done and the tin-nsdl customer number is always coming busy

 

Contact your Jurisdictional ITO (TDS), and apply for correction of TDS challan.

We have expertise in dealing with these matters. Please contact us and we can help you with rectification.

TDS Experts

CA Kandivali

I did the same thing . Pleaee any one help me out 

 

Thanks

Sachin Kapoor

 

Any Update on issue? Urgent help needed please

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details