Rectify mistakes made in filing returns

Hi all Urgently need your advice and suggestions here. I made two mistakes while filing the ITR. One was that I under-calculated the tax to be paid since I missed taking one income bracket into account. Another mistake was that instead of filing the tax amount I paid in the 'Total tax paid' column, I entered the amount in the 'Tax Payable' column instead. Now, I have got a communication from the IT department asking me to pay the entire tax amount plus interest in another couple of weeks time. I do not know how I should let them know that I have already paid a portion of it and so the interest charged should only be for that portion of tax I missed paying? Your suggestions would be really helpful.
Replies (3)

Revise the return

File revised return wit correct particulars in sorrect col.

Thanks Level II and Tushar. 

In that case, do I still have to pay the complete penalty amount? Or do I only pay the penalty for the tax amount I forgot to pay in the first instance? 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details