Receipt of Fund

Lakshy (Semi-Qualified C.A. PGDFM BCom.)     03 December 2019

Semi-Qualified C.A. PGDFM BCom. 
 119 likes  1729 points

| My Other Post


We had sold materials to Company X but received the payment from Company Y which is sister concern of Company X. Shall we adjust this amount agaisnt company X through passing journal entry in our books or there is any statutory provision against such kind of receipt ???

Chirag (Professional)     04 December 2019

 53 likes  600 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Till ,I know,there is no prohibition in this regard ,Subject to Company Y is not a Related party to your company in anyway ,However ,Even for precautions ,You should Issue Invoice In name of Company Y ,While Company X will be shown as Consignee to order ,If invoice is already issued ,then for safe side ,you can come into agreement with Y ,or issue debit note to Y ,clearly indicating Name of consignee , Descripttion of goods ,qty,payable amount ,etc.duly acknowledged by Company Y's authd. person ...

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »