Mega Offer Avail 65% Off in CA IPCC and 50% Off in all CA CS CMA subjects.Coupon- IPCEXAM65 & EXAM50. Call: 088803-20003

CA Final Online Classes
CA Classes

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

reason for such a low stipend.

Manmohan ACA, CS (Chartered Accountant )     24 August 2009

Manmohan ACA, CS
Chartered Accountant  
 1240 likes  14243 points

| My Other Post

As we all know that article stipend is very low,
The stipend is such a a meager it does not even cover our conveyance from office to home and home to office . But ICAI has till now neither set up a committee nor done any thing  . they not even want to think on this issue
What they did is to  increase fee and and  make  stringent rules

Let us think the reason for such a low stipend.

Reason 1                 
Since supply of article  is high – low stipend is  paid to them , as if one  article will go  the principal still have 5-6 in their hand.
Reason 2                 
Easy enrty and no exit  As per  ICAI rule a article can not take transfer (except in extreme case), so they are helpless and employer can exploite him/her.
Reason 3                 
Those who are rich can take dummy by paying handsome amount , all other are not rich and ICAI think  Rs. 1000-1250- 1500 is enough for them.
Reason 4                 
If a peon does not come to office, the staff will face problem but if  article does not come to office  - no ones matter as are still  three  or four to take his(peons) place. so one peon or low paid staff is equal to four article (in terms of salary paid )
Reason 5                 
Employer think thay have showed gracious kindness (ahasaan ) by providing articeship to a CA student,
Reason 6                 
And the last reason is ICAI is a regulated by members i.e.qualified CAs who hardly think about well being and benefit of of students.

Please give your view on this issue and add more reason ……………………

All CA student members are requested to join the following  committee, so  that we all in updated specially rearding ICAI and student related matters.
Regards………………………..!

5 Like
Manmohan ACA, CS

Manmohan ACA, CS
Chartered Accountant  
 1240 likes  14243 points

View Profile | My Other Post
Originally posted by :Manmohan
"

As we all know that article stipend is very low,
The stipend is such a a meager it does not even cover our conveyance from office to home and home to office . But ICAI has till now neither set up a committee nor done any thing  . they not even want to think on this issue
What they did is to  increase fee and and  make  stringent rules

Let us think the reason for such a low stipend.

Reason 1                 

Since supply of article  is high – low stipend is  paid to them , as if one  article will go  the principal still have 5-6 in their hand.

Reason 2                 

Easy enrty and no exit  As per  ICAI rule a article can not take transfer (except in extreme case), so they are helpless and employer can exploite him/her.

Reason 3                 

Those who are rich can take dummy by paying handsome amount , all other are not rich and ICAI think  Rs. 1000-1250- 1500 is enough for them.

Reason 4                 

If a peon does not come to office, the entire office staff will face problem but if  article does not come to office  - no ones matter as three  or four are still to take his(peons) place.

so one peon or low paid staff is equal to four article (in terms of salary paid )

Reason 5                 

Employer think thay have showed gracious kindness (ahasaan ) by porviding articeship to a CA student, so  use article  to fullest

Reason 6                 

And the last reason is ICAI is a regulated by members i.e.qualified CAs who hardly think about well being and benefit of of students. 

Please give you vire on this issue and add more reason ……………………

All CA student members are requested to join the following  committee, so  that we all in updated specially rearding ICAI and student related matters.
/community/display_com.asp?np_com_id=1639  
Regards………………………..!

"

Sandeep Marathe

Sandeep Marathe (CA Final)     24 August 2009

Sandeep Marathe
CA Final 
 4 likes  423 points

that was awesome dude

Pulkit Agarwal

Pulkit Agarwal (CA. Final)     24 August 2009

Pulkit Agarwal
CA. Final 
 9 likes  455 points

Tell me one thing.......... Have you joined CA for stipened?? no matter what you learn, or what future prospects you are having after CA. Let me give you an example... in my case, I have in my 2 yrs of articleship, have already learned three versions of tally, foxpro. I am now very fluent in microsoft office, I know how to make and file returns for, Income Tax, Vat , ROC, Service Tax . I know how to communicate with the Taxation Department in assessment proceedings. I have been twice the part of statuary audit team, Have completed 5 Bank revenue audit single handedly. Think large dude, and stipened is not your goal

Manmohan ACA, CS

Manmohan ACA, CS
Chartered Accountant  
 1240 likes  14243 points

Originally posted by :pulkit agarwal
" Tell me one thing.......... Have you joined CA for stipened?? no matter what you learn, or what future prospects you are having after CA. Let me give you an example... in my case, I have in my 2 yrs of articleship, have already learned three versions of tally, foxpro. I am now very fluent in microsoft office, I know how to make and file returns for, Income Tax, Vat , ROC, Service Tax . I know how to communicate with the Taxation Department in assessment proceedings. I have been twice the part of statuary audit team, Have completed 5 Bank revenue audit single handedly. Think large dude, and stipened is not your goal "

Completely agree with you,I have also been in in articleship from last 2.5 years and learn a lot of thing and still continuing.

But do you know what does the reason of paying stipend , it is to cover the conveyance exepenses, and other incidental expenses and also the opportunities cost , which a article is incurring by taking training in age of 21-22 . 

I am not saying that increase stipend by to Rs. 4000 and 5000, but think all student are not rich and stipend help them in financing their study, now even CPT fees has gone to Rs. 6000(which is a entry course exam). So at one side ICAI is incresing fess (by saying  that ICAI is a great  professional course and see the fees of other course) and  on the other side of coin  saying that you are getting training which is precious .

I does not need increase in stipend-

I need

• rationalisation of stipend payment scheme,  
  • rationalsation of Transfer Rule and
  • Rational increse in registration fees, not a long jump 

In short we  NEED  RATIONAL RULES FOR CA STUDENTS

1 Like
Pulkit Agarwal

Pulkit Agarwal (CA. Final)     31 August 2009

Pulkit Agarwal
CA. Final 
 9 likes  455 points

If the Matter is just about rationalisation, I agree with you. I just oppose considering articles training as a means of earning

jose.p

jose.p (CA in service)     31 August 2009

jose.p
CA in service 
 244 likes  1676 points

I beg to differ but Institute is providing articles as means of cheap labour. More than the stipend; i am concerned about the new transfer rules and the unlimited POTA like powers given to CAs to exploit us. But CAs do provide conveyance for audit work. ICAI doesn't care a damn about pupils.

When learning from one place is over; one should move to next level. Banning transfer is like restrcting a BBA student to do MBA(jokingly)

Vikas Kalyanshetty, ACA

Vikas Kalyanshetty, ACA (Chartered Accountant)     31 August 2009

Vikas Kalyanshetty, ACA
Chartered Accountant 
 41 likes  463 points

I agree with u manmohan. If ICAI wants the standard of the CAs to increase they have to make sure that articles are paid well enough. Mr Pulkit:  The experience that we all get is something that all the principals are supposed to give us anyways and they are not doing a favour on us by doing that. MBAs during their internship are paid much higher stipend than any of us article can't even dream, and no wonder MBAs (ofcsourse from good colleges) are scoring over CAs in the finance management field. I feel labour laws should be made stricter in India and even interns/articles should be included in it in order to cease the exploitation of articles in India esp by ICAI.

CA Guru M

CA Guru M (B.com, CA, CS)     30 September 2009

CA Guru M
B.com CA CS 
 50 likes  1547 points

Yes  i also agree with Manmohan.....  Atleat stipend should be enough to meet our study Expenses ( i e Registration Fees + Tution Fees + Cost of Reference Material + Incidental Expenses)

CA.kaya

CA.kaya (Chartered accountant)     30 September 2009

CA.kaya
Chartered accountant 
 899 likes  3985 points

i too agree with manmohan

Max Payne

Max Payne (employed)     30 September 2009

Max Payne
employed 
 262 likes  2569 points

Dear Friends,

I think we read the word INSTITUTE with more reverence at the time of joining. We somehow overlook the following "OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS of India" clause

Something that shocked me - CA was supposed to be a SASTHA course - When you consider the time value of money of CA course (starting now and ending 3.5 years later), average student wont break even!

Karthik

Karthik (C A Student)     01 October 2009

Karthik
C A Student 
 4 likes  219 points

Originally posted by :Pulkit Agarwal
" Tell me one thing.......... Have you joined CA for stipened?? no matter what you learn, or what future prospects you are having after CA. Let me give you an example... in my case, I have in my 2 yrs of articleship, have already learned three versions of tally, foxpro. I am now very fluent in microsoft office, I know how to make and file returns for, Income Tax, Vat , ROC, Service Tax . I know how to communicate with the Taxation Department in assessment proceedings. I have been twice the part of statuary audit team, Have completed 5 Bank revenue audit single handedly. Think large dude, and stipened is not your goal "

dude...dats all Bull sh*t !!! cant you learn the same things if u are paid more ?  u r speaking like a villager(nothing personal)  but seriously dude.... these people make us do all the work tht a qualified CA does...wat about that ?

do u know how much an intern doing his PhD is paid ?

(i dont mean to compare, but u just compelled me)

take a break !!!

US Channel

US Channel   30 October 2018

US Channel

9 points

Dear CA friends, I like to share something that happened on September 10, 2018 with all of you. ICWAI released a notification stating stipend enhancement for their students with drastic figures. Is ICAI an addict for student money or a helper to the students for their studies? ICAI MUST INCREASE STIPEND FOR THEIR ARTICLED STUDENTS. THOSE 1000/1500 can't meet the transportation charges from office to home. Please use your minds to the problems of the students not for your members .they all are the qualified personnels and they make their food even without institutes support But students are not like that Our efforts are not for the members of ICAI We are spending a fabulous money for the registration and application charges in CA course. You must make sufficient Justice for the same. Even the grievance cell of icai not resolved my issue absolutely. They are posting answers with irrelevant data for my actual query. Please clean your home then come to us

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register