Purchase party: name in dealers list but vat no. different

Hello,

I'm a dealer in MVAT(Maharashtra). I purchase loads of goods from a specific dealer whose name is say 'ABC Metal Corporation'(name changed to protect identity). When I check the defaulters' list I find the same name in that list. However, the TIN no. is different.

Is there any place on the MAHAVAT website where I can check the name of the dealer?(Know your TIN facility isn't showing me the name of the proprietor but just his business name) And how do I ensure that everything is fair and I shall have no problems claiming Input Credit?

Replies (1)

in know your tin facility shows the address of the dealer. check the same with the tax invoice issued to you.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details