Promotional cash discount

I am small shopkeeper with a basic knowledge of accounts. I maintain my accounts business books.

I started using AJIO business recently. It offers promotional cash discount in every transaction. Such discount is not mentioned in invoice.

 

Moreover AJIO bill  amount can be divided in 2 parts - 20% of the order amount has to be paid in advance and the remaining balance has to be paid later.

  1.  what would be the entries of promotional cash in books of accounts? 
  2.  could I do entry of Advance payment and balance collectively 
  3. Instead of writing each discount entry individually, Could I write promotional cash / discount received from all the transactions collectively of each month? As advance and balance amounts of 2-3 bills are sent collectively

For example I am posting a copy of one online receipt

Total Payable Amount : ₹13,651.36
Payment Term : Pay Before Delivery

Total Advance
₹2,730.27
Advance Paid :
₹2,730.27
       Promotional Cash :
₹273.03
       Cash :
₹2,457.24
Advance Pending :
₹0.00


Total Balance
₹10,921.09
Balance Paid :
₹10,921.09
       Promotional Cash :
₹1,092.11
       ONLINE :
₹9,828.98

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Attached File : 3595916 20220206145936 img 20220206 145741.jpg downloaded: 77 times
Replies (1)
You can adjust business promotion expenses or advertisement exp

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details