What is e-RUPI?
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in association with Department of Financial Services (DFS), National Health Authority (NHA), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), and partner banks, has launched an innovative digital solution – ‘e-RUPI’.
The users of this seamless one-time payment mechanism will be able to redeem the voucher without a card, digital payments app or internet banking access, at the merchants accepting e-RUPI. e-RUPI would be shared with the beneficiaries for a specific purpose or activity by organizations or Government via SMS or QR code.
This contactless e-RUPI is easy, safe and secure as it keeps the details of the beneficiaries completely confidential. The entire transaction process through this voucher is relatively faster and at the same time reliable, as the required amount is already stored in the voucher.
Benefits for Corporates
Corporates can enable well-being of their employees
- End to end digital transaction and doesn’t require any physical issuance hence leading to cost reduction
- Voucher redemption can be tracked by the issuer
Quick, safe & contactless voucher distribution
Benefits to the Consumer
- Contactless - Beneficiary should not carry a print out of the voucher
- Easy redemption - 2 step redemption process
- Safe and Secure - Beneficiary doesn’t need to share personal details while redemption hence privacy is maintained
- No digital or bank presence required - Consumer redeeming the voucher need not have a digital payment app or a bank account
Banks live with e-RUPI
Sr. No. Bank Name Issuer Acquirer Acquiring App / Entity 1 Axis Bank ✔ ✔ Bharat Pe 2 Bank of Baroda ✔ ✔ BHIM Baroda Merchant Pay 3 Canara Bank ✔ NA 4 HDFC Bank ✔ ✔ HDFC Business App 5 ICICI Bank ✔ ✔ Bharat Pe & PineLabs 6 Indusind Bank ✔ NA 7 Indian Bank ✔ NA 8 Kotak Bank ✔ NA 9 Punjab National Bank ✔ ✔ PNB Merchant Pay 10 State Bank of India ✔ ✔ YONO SBI Merchant 11 Union Bank of India ✔ NA