CA Final/Inter Fast track classes available for May 20 attempt. Call: 1800-3000-0505

Please see this Notice today Issued

Shivaraj (Accountant)     24 January 2020

Shivaraj
Accountant 
 2 likes  77 points

| My Other Post

Dear GST NUMBER

As you are aware, Rule 36(4) of the CGST Rules 2017 notified w.e.f. 09.10.2019, restricts availment of credit to 120% of the eligible credit based on invoices/debit notes uploaded by the supplier in their GSTR-1s. From 1st January 2020, the eligibility has got reduced to 110% of such eligible credit.

2.         Records indicate that in your GSTR-3B return for  Dec-2019  you have availed credit of  Rs.188588.102  more than the credit admissible under Rule 36(4) of the tax reflected in your GSTR 2A for the said period.

3. You are advised to reverse the amount of credit availed in excess. In case such credit has been utilised for paying tax, the same may be deposited through FORM DRC-03 with applicable interest.

4. In case the opportunity for voluntary compliance as suggested is not availed, appropriate action for recovery of excess ITC availed with interest and imposition of penalty shall be initiated as per the law

avater

Roshni (Studwnt)     24 January 2020

Roshni
Studwnt 
 66 likes  997 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Receipent has not uploaded his returns...that's why it's. on you to reverse the claimed ITC or else tell front person to upload return.

1 Like
avater

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     24 January 2020

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3225 likes  43371 points

You are required reverse the ITC excess claimed then what reflected in your 2A .
ITC available :
20% of 2A + 2A or ITC in books whichever is lower

1 Like
avater

Mayank Somani (Article)     25 January 2020

Mayank Somani
Article 
 4 likes  130 points

Same message i also received. but in my case i have not claimed ITC in 1st qtr and claimed the same in 3rd qtr but overall ITC matched if we consider for the year now what to do...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »