Please help me decide - any help much appreciated

Aishwarya (CA Final) (340 Points)

25 March 2013  

I am totally depressed as to what to do next. I have no motivation to study at all because of this issue.

I have a exemption in ISCA (71) for group 2.

below is my preparation for group 2:

1. Finished QT part of costing. Planning to leave Standard costing altogether and concentrate on other chapters.

2. Finised case laws and a bit of Valuation Proceedures in IDT

3. Finished Wealth Tax only in DT

WRT group 1

1. Finished IFM in Starategic Financial Management. I am a bit good at understanding share markets and financial jargons. I used to watch lot of documentries and read economist regularly. I love this part of the CA syllabus. But wrt exams not prepared on this subject well, though.

2. Auditing is one subject I dont fear much. Went to Vikas Oswal classes. A 2 day solid peparation is all I need to pass.

3. Financial Reporting is not my cup of tea when it comes to exams. I read the misc accounts chapter (EVA, SVA, MVA, Human resources accounting etc) some time ago. Other than that I dont have much Knowledge about this subject

4. Law is the subject I  dread the most. No matter how much I read end of the day i seem to forget all.

Now my question is should I opt for both groups or only group 2? Since I laready have 71 in ISCA it is enough for me to get 45 in each subject and clear the group. Will I be able to work on Group 1 in the remaining 35 days? Are the subjects easy enough to be cleared with just 35 days of solid preparation. I really want to clear both groups this time and move back with my family. Am I being practical in trying to clear both groups?

Please help me. I am really going mad over this issue.