Percentage of income allowed as deductions

Hi,,

I am working as a freelancer and independent consultant in the software domain and most of my clients are from abroad. I have an office and pay bills for internet/petrol/travel for my business for which I have hard copies. As far as I know these expenses can be deducted from my taxable income. However I also pay people for some jobs that I outsource to them. Can these be deducted from my income as well?   For instance I get 10L as income in my bank accounts can I show 8L as expenses? What percentage of total income can I show as expenses?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Aakash

Replies (1)
Being a professional if your total turnover does not exceed ₹25 lakhs you can declare a profit of 8% presumptive basis. However if your income exceeds ₹25 lakhs then you need to maintain books of accounts and show actual expenses.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details