Easy Office
LCI Learning

payment TDS on salary

Page no : 2

Shudhanshu Agrawal (Business) (2570 Points)
Replied 06 April 2009

According to the provisions of TDS on salary under Section 192. TDS on salary should be deducted on payment basis not on due basis. But if anyone is going to deduct TDS on payment basis then they have to finalise the TDS in the month of february not in the month of march. But most of the companies deduct TDS on salary on due basis also as they finalize TDS on salary in the month of March. In above case if they will deduct TDS on payment basis(assuming TDS is finalized in the month of march) then the TDS return will be changed from 4th qtr to 1st qtr of the next A.Y. So if they are finalizing the TDS on March in such a case TDS should be dedcuted on provisonal basis on march 31 and should be deposited upto April7.

Correct me if im wrong

Thanks

trupti (account executive) (22 Points)
Replied 30 April 2012

i have booked salary of an employee for the month of Feb-12 and have deducted TDS on salary.Due to some reason the salary of the employee is put on hold .Iam i Liable to make payment of TDS?

trupti (account executive) (22 Points)
Replied 30 April 2012

i have booked salary of an employee for the month of Feb-12 and have deducted TDS on salary.Due to some reason the salary of the employee is put on hold .Iam i Liable to make payment of TDS?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: