Payment of interest on belated R3B returns filing

TAX CONSULTANT

Sir. For belated the R3B returns for the F.Y. 2018-2019, i have calculated interest and it is about Rs. 5 laksh in three heads ie IGST, CGST and SGST. So, now can i report and pay the same in April R3B return and file, but interest belongs to entire year, or any other mode for payment of such interest. kindly advice.

sir my advice will be to wait and pay the interest when demand arises. Since you have already paid the liability the interest amount won't escalate. Because is applicable on late payment of tax and since you have already cleared the tax payment you can wait and pay

make payment voluntary through DRC 03

sir. but what i heard was the DRC will get opened only when at the time of filing of annual returns, ia it correct ?

ACCOUNTS PROFESSIONAL

DRC 03 is available on portal , but its better to report interest in Table 5.1 of GSTR 3B

TAX CONSULTANT

but sir, now i would like to pay interest for the complete year ie f.y 2018-2019, so if i report in one month R3B retrun ie in the month of April 2019 R3B, tomorrow the dept. may come and say, no, no, you have paid for the interest for the month of April 2019 only, so i can not allow it for the other months.? then what to do?

ACCOUNTS PROFESSIONAL

Prepare the working note for the same .

TAX CONSULTANT

sir. where do we find DRC 3 in the GST portal. i have loged in and checked, but not found any such sort of challan, pls advice.

Chartered Accountant

Can disclose in Apr'3B return. Just have the proper workings in place..

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU