GST Plus - Get Daily updates,support, whatsapp Group & reply to GST Notices etc.!! Call : 011-411-70713 !!


Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jeevan (CA Analyst)     28 September 2021

Pan Card Address incorrect Query

I Started e-filing ITR since 2017 and has been successfully processed since then. Before 2017 i had not filed ITR. 

Only Recently, I noticed through NSDL website that the address linked to my Pan was my old address where i stayed before 10 yrs. Also NO phone number/email associated with PAN. So i had no way of knowing if i had received IT notice thru post(to old address) for non filing before 2017.

If i had been served notice (through post to my old address) for the period before 2017 , would that be reflecting in my current profile in the income tax website?

Also what is the way to find out if i had been served IT notice before 2017? Pls help?

 2 Replies

Murali Nadarajah

Murali Nadarajah   28 September 2021

Go through 26AS 

Raj C Doshi

Raj C Doshi (Practising CA)     29 September 2021

1. As per Supreme Court judgement, delivery of Notice at an old address mentioned in PAN database instead of new address that is mentioned in ITR is a valid service of Notice.

2. Under the e-proceedings tabs on the income tax portal, you can view pending and completed notices. Also look art outstanding demamd tab

3. If you are unable to view still, visit your jurisdictional AO offline
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags