Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Number of attempts does not matter

CA Harish Singh (CA) (401 Points)

10 May 2011  

Chartered Accountancy Course- Number of attempts does not matter. Tha value of a CA always remain the same.

A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a Rs.1000 note. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this Rs.1000 note ?"

Hands started going up.

He said, "I am going to give this Rs.1000 note to one of you but first, let me do this." He proceeded to crumple (make wrinkle) the note .

He then asked, "Who still wants it?"

Still the hands were up in the air.

"Well," he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe.

He picked it up, now all crumpled and dirty. "Now who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air.

"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth Rs.1000 . Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way.

Many a times the students think that they are contemptible and have again landed into the hands of the failure. 

They feel as though they are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. You are special - Don't ever forget it!

13 Replies

(Guest)

VERY TRUE AND INSPIRATIONAL.

AT THE END ONLY CA DEGREE MATTERS NOTHING ELSE

Azim Khan ACA,CS,CMA*,LLB* (Proprietor) (1312 Points)
Replied 10 May 2011

This has been tought in GMCS but the fact is totally different. No. of attempts does matter.

(Guest)

But i saw company who employ CA with max 3 attempts. U should tell the above to corporates.

thanx for the same.

AMBUJ JAIN (CA) (55 Points)
Replied 10 May 2011

thnks Mr. Harish , u done a great Job,,,,,,,,,,,,

It's really true "A minute of success pays the failure of year",,,,,,,,,,,,

and 100% success is 99% failure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

CA Raviteja (Risk Management) (585 Points)
Replied 13 May 2011

Small but excellent truth.........:)

Cheer up friends...

CA Urvi (executive) (36 Points)
Replied 19 May 2011

hi

Even i believed so, but corporates still counts on the no of attempts for selection of candidates. But still degree is ultimate what matters.

dinesh (a) (22 Points)
Replied 19 May 2011

Nice words

Kavya M N (student) (54 Points)
Replied 21 June 2011

How should a person who has taken many attempts to clear CA and also a break in work, proceed to build up a career?

Is it a good idea to join a audit firm for experience?

Kavya M N (student) (54 Points)
Replied 21 June 2011

Hey, plss someone answer me.  I have seen in job sites,  E&y calling for CAs with maximum of 3 attempts. But some of my friends who could not even clear CA inter after multiple attempts are working with E & Y. Few of them also quit CA altogether. Do these companies think B.com pass outs are much better than CAs who have passed CA in many attempts?

Now, I'm feeling frustrated. I think I could have joined E&Y immediately after B.com instead of wasting time in giving final attempts.

Gayathri (Chartered Accountant) (286 Points)
Replied 30 June 2011

Do Big 4 firms focus on number of attempts even in case of an experienced CA? One of my colleagues during articleship who cleared her CA in 7 or 8 attempts says she is working in KPMG now. But she had post qualification experience of 2-3 yrs in an audit firm.

* Krishna * (CA Student) (6149 Points)
Replied 03 July 2011

Number of attempts does not matter in Big4 if one is having post-qualification experience of atleast 2-3 years and having conceptual knowledge,

1 Like

vinaykumar (article student) (55 Points)
Replied 09 August 2012

Very Very Inspiring Sir

(Guest)

Yes exactly. Industry and Employers differentiate between 1st attempt and multiple attempts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register