Non-filers monitoring system (nms) reminder received

Ravishankar K (Accountant) (461 Points)

16 April 2016  

Hi ,

I received one eamil from IT Dept which goes like this:

Reminder in consequent to compliance to Non-filers Monitoring System (NMS) for AY 2014-15 PAN

This is the reminder to our email sent to you on 06-Nov-2015 in compliance to Non-filers Monitoring System (NMS). It has been observed from our records that till date you have not filed your income tax return.

Please submit your online response as under:

Step 1: Login to e-filing portal Login to e-filing portal at https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
Step 2: View Information Summary Information summary can be viewed under compliance section on the portal. Mention if the information relates to other PAN
Step 3: Upload Return or submit details Upload the return on e-filing portal after paying due taxes. If return is already filed, submit details under 'Filing of Incometax return' under compliance section. You may keep the printout of submitted response for record.

Non-filers with potential tax liabilities are identified and monitored under Non-filers Monitoring System (NMS). A "Step by Step Guide" for NMS is also available for detailed guidance on the e-filing portal home page under the 'Help' section. If you need any assistance in submitting the response, please call the e-filing toll free number 1800 4250 0025.

Please submit response by 30-Mar-2016

-------------

Since my salary was below the tax range I did not care to file a nil return. But on receiving the notice , i downloaded all my Form 26 AS and found that during the AY 2014-15 the banks had deducted interest on my FD inspite of submitting Form 15G ( < 60 yrs) . 

Now i have decided to file nil return for AY 2014-15, AY 2015-16 and also AY 2016-17. So to start with filing return of AY 2014-15 I need to know i should select which section :

Below are the options in the excel file: 

11-on or before due dt 139(1)
12-after due dt 139(4)
13-u/s 142 (1)
14-u/s 148
15-u/s 153A
16-u/s 153 C r/w 153A
17-revised 139 (5)

And also I dont have any Form 16A received from the deductors (SBI & HDFC Bank) 

Shall i contact the Bank and ask them the Form 16A again, I think they must have given to me but I must have misplaced it somewhere. I thought  I will file a return based on Form 26AS but the excel file wants the TDS certificate no for Form 16A. 

Please guide me as to how can i generate the Form 16A from the Banks and be able to submit my return for AY 2014-15. If i submit return as per the calculations it will show refund to me only, because bank had foolishly deducted TDS on FD inspite of me submitting Form 15 G. Please assist me.