New rule on capital gains (cg) - important

Hi Sweet Guys out there.

I had a query about tax on Capital Gains (CG) on account of property sale.
I knew that whatever CG on account of property sale I have in a FY, if I invest in another property with proof, then it will not attract CG Tax.
But a friend tells me that new rules have come in from this year (2018) that if I have more than one property then I will have to pay tax on the CG amount irrespective of the fact that I invest or not.

Could you please enlighten me further.

Thanks.

<3

Replies (2)

Nothing like that. I think your friend is totally wrong

Yes, get more details about amendment in any section of the act.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details