Nbfc

NBFC charging high rate of interest what to do?
Replies (8)

Don't borrow from them.

Management of NBFCs are allowed to determine the interest rates to be charged (though it shouldn't be less than the prevailing base rate).

You can negotiate with them for the interest rates if you have a good credit track record or search for some other lender.

RBI reducing rates five times last year & once current year the cost of funds must have gone down. But my ROI remains unchanged. l have taken (LAP ) from nbfc. what to do to get it reduced from them?

 

 

 

If you have borrowed the loan at Fixed Interest Rate, the changes in interest rates by RBI will not affect your cost of borrowing. If need to have a loan at Floating Interest Rate, only then will the changes affect your cost of borrowing.

I have borrowed it on floating rate.

Please communicate with the NBFC officials then. You can also get your loan account transferred to another NBFC offering better interest rate by paying a small processing fee.

I am talking to them for last one year, but I have not received any response from them. Secondly if I transfer my loan from them now I have to pay them more because of increased ROI. I was given loan at9.99%& now they're charging13.71%.

I don't understand what's the issue then?

9.99% is very cheap.

I mailed them on 29-05 2016 telling them that I am desperate for rate drop for the last one year, and the reply I got today is that they are aware of my problem & they are working on it. Does it take nearly one year to solve this problem? Kindly enlighten me?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details