My amazing computer tricks and tips 5

CMA Ankur Pandey (Govt.Job) (4401 Points)

08 December 2011  

This is Part V of My Amazing Computer Tricks  And Tips Series

1. Rename Mulitple Files at Once

2. Another Way to Save Internet Images

3. Encrypting Files & Folders in Windows

Rename Mulitple Files at Once

Did you know that you can re-name multiple files at once?

It’s possible! So next time you have a bunch of files, folders, or pictures with names like DSC_5678 and want to rename them in a more uniform way, do this:

Highlight all the files/folder in question…

Right-click, choose Rename and call it something that best describes them. For example, I had a bunch of pictures of a guitar, so I just renamed it “Guitar”.

Voila! A uniform naming convention!

Another Way to Save Internet Images

As many of you already know, saving images from the Internet to your computer has always been a matter of right-clicking and choosing Save Image As…, which is pretty easy by itself.

Yet, there is an even quicker way, and it works in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome!

We’ll use Firefox for this demonstration. Browse over to your favorite image search (I’m using Google Images) and type in something to look for. Once your results pop up, click on an image that strikes your fancy.

Now, make sure that your browser window is small enough so that you can still see your desktop, then click and drag the image to your desktop.

That’s all there is to it! No right-clicking or “saving-as” – just drag and drop to your desktop and you’re done!

How neat!

Encrypting Files & Folders in Windows

Click Here to Continue Reading