mismatch tax credit

I claimed TDs on salary according to form 16 22236 / of ay 15-16 but 26as shows TDs 17460/ because of not filed TDs return by education department ....please suggest how I deal & rectify the mistake?
KVO Merau Kutchh

Unless the education department does not revise its return (and pay the remaining TDS laibility), you will not be able to claim it. So, follow up the TDS deductor/DDO.

Chartrered Accountants

I also agree with Mr Rhambia.  However, if they had given Form 16, you may approach the TDS ITO and ask him to send a notice to the Deductor and I remember to have read a circular that if there is a proof that tax has been deducted and they had issued a certificate of having deducted tax at source, the department can initiate penal proceeings against the employer for giving a false certificate whereby the employer will be forced to file a revised return or the return as the case may be


ok thanks....


Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


CCI Online Learning

Choose from our category of courses

What do you want to learn today?



Browse all Subjects