Ma choice

Joswin Punchakunnel (Chartered Accountant) (314 Points)

08 May 2015  

My Choice

My students, their results, my choice. Not to increase the pass percentage, even if the corporate demand has increased.

My choice to make it 3.02% or 11.27%. They don’t have to be satisfactory; they never will be. To use the crash classes and  last minute preparation  to qualify in the exam is to believe that you will get the study materials on time .

Pass percentage is caged, let it free. Difficulty is not, let it be. My choice. To sent the hall ticket or not to. To sent the hall ticket before the exam, after the exam or not to send at all. My choice. 

To make you clear the first group or second group or both. Remember, the result is my choice. It is not your privilege. Six digit salary, luxurious life, adding “CA” to your name, they are all ideas and can be replaced. My commitment to develop professionals cannot, so treasure that.

My choice, to change the name of the course every year. Don’t be upset if I don’t change the name even after two years .Don’t be fooled if I change the name after every exam.

My choice to conduct recruitment camps or not. To pick you up from thousands of students or not. So don’t get sassy. My valuation might be your pain; my suggested answers your bane. My order, your anarchy. Your mistakes, my examiner’s comments.

My choices are like my logo. They make me unique.

I am Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. I am the emerging accounting body of the globe. Wake up. Get out of the failure. I choose to empathise.

Never indifferent. I choose to be different. This is my choice.

N.B: The article aims to make a satiric view on ICAI along the lines of Deepika Padukone’s documentary “My Choice”.