Last message from ca president.

shikhar (LEARNER ) (1394 Points)

03 February 2013  

Dear Friends,

Let me begin my last message from the prestigious office of the President of the Institute, i.e. our alma mater, with Irish wishes for my dear membership fraternity:

May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be ever at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face and the
rain fall softly on your fields.
And until we meet again, may God hold you in
the hollow of his hand.

May the sun shine, all day long,
Everything go right, and nothing wrong.
May those you love bring love back to you,
And may all the wishes you wish come true!

Let me acknowledge that I am moving away from this office with love, warmth and faith you have bestowed on me throughout my tenure in this sacred space. Let me wish that the profession will reach higher, farther and broader to places where we dream of-higher than the place we have come up through the last year. My tenure gets over and this does not take away the contentment from me in the least; while I am happy with the growth and enrichment our profession has achieved, I will never ever let this contentment come in the way of my endeavours to take our profession further ahead. I am happy that we could achieve this condition together.

Membership strength is at an all-time high. Allround facets of the profession have been consolidated. We have constantly been available to our Government in sharpening and updating the accounting and auditing skills of their officials. The initiatives of spreading awareness about accountancy in the nation have helped our profession and professionals in creating a special space in academia, and this could be witnessed in the growing number of recognition of our qualification by various universities, institutions , etc., both private as well as governmental. Infrastructure initiatives are in top slot on our agenda-being a fundamental requirement for social and professional standing of our profession.

We have reached our international stakeholders with our technical expertise. We have extended our technical infrastructure to the nations where accountancy education has just taken off, or, it has wished to take off. MRAs and MoUs have grown in number, both nationally as well as internationally, showing our empowerment procedures on a rising curve. Organising international conference year after year is another such effort towards spreading the word about competence of our fraternity besides to register our active presence with international stakeholders. Our efforts of convergence with the IFRSs have already started producing results. It is satisfying that we have decided to converge and not to change fundamentally. Our codes of standards will have national flavour.

Since its inception, our profession has really come a long way with a tremendous growth under the vision of its Presidents and the guidance of its Councils. Throughout, our journey of growth and progress has maintained a pace, and it continues unabated under the guidance of 21st Central Council as well. The motto for 2012-13 Inclusive Growth of Professionals and Exhaustive & Exclusive Growth of the Profession sums up the initiatives undertaken during 2012-13, which has taken the CA Profession to a new height, besides bringing glory to our status as a Partner-in-Nation-Building. List of significant achievements is quite huge which in a selective manner has been published elsewhere in this issue of Journal.