Just follow the Tracks

Suren (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (397 Points)

15 January 2011  

Once, 3 men lost their way and got stranded in the middle of the forest. They didn’t know where they were and hence they decide that they will stay in the forest for some days until they find their way. So the next morning, one man went in search of some food. After many hours, he came back with a deer over his shoulder. The other two men were surprised to find how he got a deer with no weapons over which the man replied, “I find tracks, I follow tracks, and I got a deer". They both were slightly confused but decided to ignore and began to eat. A week later the second guy went in search of food and came back with an elk over his shoulder. The other two asked him how he managed to get the elk. He simply replied, "I find tracks, I follow tracks, and I got an elk". Now it was the turn of the third guy. He thought to himself “I'm going to get a better animal.” So the guy left but he did not return for a long time. Finally, after long hours of waiting, they saw him coming back. His clothes were torn with scrapes and bruises all over his body. He was bleeding. They asked him, “What happened?". He looked at them and replied, “I find tracks, I follow tracks, and I got hit by a train".